Today's miracle landed so close to to where our Miracle docks out of NYC.

fig414

The word "miracle" gets bandied about a lot. I'm gonna use this word a lot less because we saw a true miracle today. It's also our favorite ship. It landed oh so near to where we left on our great Carnival Miracle cruise. I can't imagine watching this from a ship that was sitting there waiting to leave. It would be unreal and so many would have witnessed it from an incredibly close view. We New Yorkers have gotten the short stick a lot and I can't tell you the joy we are experiencing from this. It's wall to wall joy and relief. A true Miracle........

The word "miracle" gets bandied about a lot. I'm gonna use this word a lot less because we saw a true miracle today. It's also our favorite ship. It landed oh so near to where we left on our great Carnival Miracle cruise. I can't imagine watching this from a ship that was sitting there waiting to leave. It would be unreal and so many would have witnessed it from an incredibly close view. We New Yorkers have gotten the short stick a lot and I can't tell you the joy we are experiencing from this. It's wall to wall joy and relief. A true Miracle........

I hear ya, fig. All I could think was "Dear God, I hope we got the people out this time."

Timing, prayer and luck had a great deal to do with this "miracle" on the Hudson!

Had it been a weekend, cruise ships would have been in port. Had the weather been bad, things would have turned out very differently.

Had it been dark, we would not be speaking about a miracle at all. The plane just bearly missed the George Washington Bridge.

The pilot's decision to ditch into the Hudson and not try for a landing, saved the passengers and who knows how many people on the ground.

Angels were certainly looking over the passengers' shoulders. The pilot's skill and experience speak for themselves.

What sent chills down my spine was how quickly the plane started to sink into the water! It was really, really cold in NY yesterday. I can't even imagine getting wet after surviving the "landing" and to be standing on the wings! As many on lookers said, it could have been a movie shoot.

NY Waterways ferries are always going back and forth from NY to NJ and were the first boats on the scene.

The irony in all this, the current kept taking the plane downtown. Rescue personnel and news people literally were trying to keep pace with the plane. Even seeing the plane tied up at Battery Park City so near Ground Zero is unnerving.

So glad for everyone involved that they were all safe.

:)

MARAPRINCE

You are so right.. gives us a lot to be grateful for! The Pilot was a true hero!!.. Puts a lot of the little trivial stuff into perspective

Timing, prayer and luck had a great deal to do with this "miracle" on the Hudson!

Had it been a weekend, cruise ships would have been in port. Had the weather been bad, things would have turned out very differently.

Had it been dark, we would not be speaking about a miracle at all. The plane just bearly missed the George Washington Bridge.

The pilot's decision to ditch into the Hudson and not try for a landing, saved the passengers and who knows how many people on the ground.

Angels were certainly looking over the passengers' shoulders. The pilot's skill and experience speak for themselves.

What sent chills down my spine was how quickly the plane started to sink into the water! It was really, really cold in NY yesterday. I can't even imagine getting wet after surviving the "landing" and to be standing on the wings! As many on lookers said, it could have been a movie shoot.

NY Waterways ferries are always going back and forth from NY to NJ and were the first boats on the scene.

The irony in all this, the current kept taking the plane downtown. Rescue personnel and news people literally were trying to keep pace with the plane. Even seeing the plane tied up at Battery Park City so near Ground Zero is unnerving.

So glad for everyone involved that they were all safe.

MARAPRINCE

I read in one of the papers that had the water been warmer there was a good chance the plane would have cartwheeled- that would have been a disaster.. It stated that the cold water is harder...?? Whatever it is.. it truely is a miracle that everyone walked away

They are hoping to lift the plane out of the Hudson today! You can see the chunks of ice all around the plane. Only the left engine is missing and they are still searching for it. The right engine is underwater. Estimate now is that the plane weighs nearly 1,000,000 lbs.!

MARAPRINCE

Archived