Everglades - ncl or not?

farmersescape

We are thinking of going to the everglades before we go home (our flight isn't until the next am) but remember reading the NCL excursion is a bit disappointing. Does anyone have any advice on other tours? Or had a good time with NCL?

If you really want to see the Everglades , rent a car for the day that you can drop at the airport the next AM.

The everglades isn't a single destination. You need to drive around a bit ( state park ) Aligator alley ,ect. . Different little spots that only take a short while to look at and then move on . You can take an air boat ride, just look it up on line , it gives you a good sense of the Glades. I agree not to do it with the ship excursion ( to touristy ).. Good luck

how many hours should you give yourself for the everglades? (just like a basic look around)

i wuold LOVE to see the Everglades but we cannot do it post-cruise. we are arriving in Miami a day early and may be able to do it same day as cruise embarkation but am unsure

I live a few miles from the entrance to Everglades National Park. There loads of airboat tours on Highway 41. It is about a 30 to 45 minute drive from the port of miami. There is also an Indian reservation in the middle that has a cultural center with aligator westling and and other wildlife stuff.

We are thinking of going to the everglades before we go home (our flight isn't until the next am) but remember reading the NCL excursion is a bit disappointing. Does anyone have any advice on other tours? Or had a good time with NCL?

We are thinking of doing the same in Febuary but I have often read and heard that the ship tour often gets canceled due to not enough people interested, so I think it's a hit and miss, you also wont know find out till it's too late.

how many hours should you give yourself for the everglades? (just like a basic look around)

i wuold LOVE to see the Everglades but we cannot do it post-cruise. we are arriving in Miami a day early and may be able to do it same day as cruise embarkation but am unsure

Its not a stop and see :eek: I would give your self about 5-7 hours. Mangrove swamps cover more than 500 square miles in the park. ...

i also would love to see the everglades but would have to try and do it pre cruise

if it is any help to you i emaied a company in miami they have a 4 hour trip with hotel pick up at 9am and back im miami for 1pm

www.gotobus.com

if anyone has done this tour i would love to hear about it , we only wish to do the airboat and have a quick look around

thanks

Archived