Royal vs. Princess

IUFAN

My wife and I have done 7 cruises(2 carnival, 4 princess, and 1 royal). We don't care for Carnival and the party atmosphere. We liked our Royal the best (Serenade out of San Juan). Would I get any discount from Royal for being a one time guest? Royal always seems to be quite a bit more pricey than princess.

After one cruise you can register as a Crown & Anchor member and receive Gold status. However you need to reach Platinum for the real perks (such as balcony discounts).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/benefitsLoggedout.do;jsessionid=0000GHqRtPCoyOeRa4jC9ohWPAX:12hdhuaq2?cS=NAVBAR

I wouldn't mind trying Princess, but every cruise I have looked at during the time we want to travel has been more expensive than a similar RCI cruise.

My wife and I have done 7 cruises(2 carnival, 4 princess, and 1 royal). We don't care for Carnival and the party atmosphere. We liked our Royal the best (Serenade out of San Juan). Would I get any discount from Royal for being a one time guest? Royal always seems to be quite a bit more pricey than princess.

After 9 RCCL cruises and 5 on Celebrity, we have never been offered a past-cruiser's discount. They do offer discounts if you live in certain states or if someone in the cabin is 55 or older, for certain sailings and cabins. I have seen past-cruiser discounts on Carnival and Princess. I agree that RCCL cruises are priced higher, but we've managed to get some great prices on 4 night voyages to the Caribbean off-season, in inside cabins (september through february, once saw prices as low as $139 at the last minute in September 2008).

Even at the Gold level you will be offered savings on SOME cruises. Every quarter they issue Savings Certificates for discounts on certain cruises. If you are in the US or Canada you can view this savings certificates by going to www.rccl.com and following the link to Crown & Anchor Society, Special Offers. Note: You have to register your Crown & Anchor # for online use first.

Archived