Anyone flown on BMI?

I've flown frequently on bmi with no complaints. They are part of the Star Alliance. I work for a large (60,000+) company and they were our carrier of choice until cheaper options became available on some of our more frequented routes.

I've flown them frequently - in fact they were my airline of choice between London and Dublin which was a monthly trip for me at one time.

(this was despite the fact I was actually going to visit Aer Lingus - and my boss preferred us to travel on the airline we were going to see) :rolleyes:.

• 3 weeks later...

Lufthansa have just bought out the original main shareholder of BMI and now effectively own BMI and Virgin is circling trying to a deal with Lufthansa seeing it as a good feed for their long haul flights.

BMI also have industrial action on the horizon. They agreed a pay rise a couple of months ago and now have gone back on their agreement. In the UK press they are in hot water with pictures of bank accounts of pilots where salaries were paid in originally with the pay increase then the banks debiting the pay rise amount from the same bank account a few days later back to BMI.

I've flown with BMI many times within England, no problems at all! I highly recommend them. They always have reasonable fares and great service!

We choose them due to their affiliation with the Star Alliance Network, as we're Aeroplan members.

Archived