Hotel Recommended for Cairo Overnight?

twopats

Le Meredian looks like a beautiful resort hotel but for one night, is it worth $30 more pp? Friends of ours stayed at the Longchamps and the DeCastro tour reduces their price if we stay at this 3 star, as compared to the 5 star Meredian? Does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? There are two other hotels listed as possibilities but TripAdvisor doesn't have them reviewed either. We are sailing on 11/6 sailing of Brillance of the Seas. The cost for either the DeCastro Tour or the Nile Blue is considerably less than the ship's offering so we are investigating these two tour companies. Trish

Le Meredian looks like a beautiful resort hotel but for one night, is it worth $30 more pp? Friends of ours stayed at the Longchamps and the DeCastro tour reduces their price if we stay at this 3 star, as compared to the 5 star Meredian? Does anyone have any experience at either of these hotels? There are two other hotels listed as possibilities but TripAdvisor doesn't have them reviewed either. We are sailing on 11/6 sailing of Brillance of the Seas. The cost for either the DeCastro Tour or the Nile Blue is considerably less than the ship's offering so we are investigating these two tour companies. Trish

Hi again Trish! I stayed at Le Meridien in Giza when I organized an overnight from a Princess cruise in the fall of 2007 It is a very nice hotel with a view of the Pyramids and I would definitely stay there again. If you have friends that stayed at the Longchamps and liked it, why don't you ask Hazem, the manager at Nile Blue Tours (also called Nile Blue Excursions) for his opinion? I'm sure he could book it for you if you decide to go that route. Nile Blue Tours is wonderful and they will personalize your trip exactly to your specifications for a price that is a fraction of what Princess charges.

I stayed at the Longchamps and loved it....for a week...Its run by a Germanic woman who runs a tight ship....we in fact took our tour group for dinner there when we were back in Cairo....

Its a small hotel on the upper floors. The elevators look like something left over from the 1930's...

Hebba Bakri <hotel.longchamps@web.de>;

we used a tour company she recommended

Archived