Booking 1st cruise

mriz

We are planning on sailing on the Dawn from NYC to Bermuda in June. Is it best to book directly with NCl,travel agency or discount web site? Anyone have any pros/cons to share. Any questions I should ask other than the typical dress code ,meals etc..as I have searched to boards for the common FAQ's. I appreciate any advice given . Thanks,Jim

You can generally get a better price through an online TA. It's generally easier to contact a local TA by phone. If you book with a TA, however, NCL will not discusss anything with you directly, as the TA has a contract to represent you in all things having to do with your reservation. People who know cruising and want to control their reservation prefer to book directly wit the cruiseline. If you aren't cruise savvy, use a TA.

Hi Jim, I agree with Chris, and recommend you deal with a TA that can be accessible by phone and not just email. Also, ask the TA you're researching about any additional fees they have and what their cancellation policy is. Google the company and see if there are complaints. A good TA will not have fees paid by you or cancellation penalties. JMHO.

Your TA will help you with your booking, but come here to ask you questions. There's no way a TA can know everything about you're particular ship.

Welcome to CruiseCritic! :)

We are planning on sailing on the Dawn from NYC to Bermuda in June. Is it best to book directly with NCl,travel agency or discount web site? Anyone have any pros/cons to share. Any questions I should ask other than the typical dress code ,meals etc..as I have searched to boards for the common FAQ's. I appreciate any advice given . Thanks,Jim

Good morning Jim and welcome to CC!

I'm leading a CC Group cruise to Bermuda on June 7. We've got a great group coming together with excellent group rates and amenities.:D All the information you need is located in my signature below and you can contact our TA or me if you have any additional questions.

If you compare our group rates (which include all taxes and fees) to NCL, even with the current promotion, we can save you some $$'s.:cool: Hope you can join us!:D

Thanks for replies everyone. Looks like my best bet would be a TA as I have no idea what to expect on a cruise . It will be my wife and I and our 13yo daughter . Luv2 we are sailing on the 21st otherwise I would be join the group . Looking foward to June as I get ready to go out and shovel the snow..again. Thanks,Jim

Thanks for replies everyone. Looks like my best bet would be a TA as I have no idea what to expect on a cruise . It will be my wife and I and our 13yo daughter . Luv2 we are sailing on the 21st otherwise I would be join the group . Looking foward to June as I get ready to go out and shovel the snow..again. Thanks,Jim

Enjoy your cruise!:D

Archived