Transfers/Shuttles from Jacksonville FL to cruise port

luvtoshag

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Feb. 2 on Carnival Fascination. It will be a beach music cruise and we are driving from North Carolina to Jacksonville, FL and wanted to know if and/or what hotels offer free shuttles/transfers to the port? Would it be better to park at the port? Thanks for any help!

I would go to the "Ports of Call" section of this website, then to United States and then to Florida and ask this question. When we took Fascination out of Miami, we had flown down.

The Fascination is cruising out of Jacksonville now-ever since Carnival got rid of the Celebration. BTW-I have been on the Fascination also-back in 2000-at that time we sailed our of San Juan- and it was a southern Caribbean cruise.

Hopefully the OP would get more info at the ports of call-although possibly not-as only one Carnival ship goes from there-no other lines or ships go from Jacksonville. The other suggestion I would have is the Carnival board or their roll call board.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Feb. 2 on Carnival Fascination. It will be a beach music cruise and we are driving from North Carolina to Jacksonville, FL and wanted to know if and/or what hotels offer free shuttles/transfers to the port? Would it be better to park at the port? Thanks for any help!

I wish I would have seen your question sooner cause I wanted the same info for our cruise this August and did a bit of research. Many hotels in Jax have free shuttle service and it depends on what you want...cheap to expensive. There is the Clarion, Mariott and a few other 3 star places with free shuttles and there is a Holiday Inn Express right by JAXPORT. I wanted a CHEAP sleep and the cheapest I could find so far is the La Quinta Airport. It is a total of $85 to lay my head down for a night and includes parking, free shuttle to and from JAXPORT and a continental breakfast. Parking cars at JAXPORT is $75 so I figure it is costing me $10 for a room and a bite to eat B4 I cruise. Hope this helps someone else cause you are probably gone already. L8R!

Tim

Below is a link to a lot more info on this topic. None of them are near as cheap as the post above this one. The full name of that motel and the link is:

La Quinta Inn Jacksonville Airport North

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ637&propId=637

Good hunting!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=850690

Click this link and then go to post number 31. This post has a lot of hotel park and cruise info on it.

Archived