So how exactly do you bring bottled wine on board?

Payday6

I've read enough to know that you can, that there's a $15 corkage fee, but how exactly do you transport your wine? I'm guessing you should carry it on, so as to avoid the Naughty Room? Is there a limit to how many bottles?

No limit that I am aware of. Carried on three bottles last cruise (2@1.5L and 1@750ML) and was only charged $15:D. Lazy attendant at the wine toll booth:confused:. They put a sticker on one of the bottles. When that bottle was empty I moved the sticker to the next:p.

How many bottles did you have in mind?

That many, wow!:eek::eek:

Put the boxed wine in you regular luggage. It was delivered to our cabin, not to the naughty room.

i will be at pikes market in seattle the night before i cruise. i hope to find some good reisling i can carry on. the corkage fee will be worth paying as long as i can have the wine i like to drink at a cheaper price. it will be in my carry-on. i have read that on the pearl there is a special place to store your carry-on that is supervised untill you can get into your cabin. i am going to do more research on this.

there's a terrific wine store across from the market at the far end. Lots of northwest wines. Don't forget to pack your corkscrew.

thanks alot. i will visit it and pick up some great wine to take on. i cant wait to visit pikes market again. and i will get the corkscrew in the bag right away so i dont forget it.

We've carried on as much as 8 bottles. And if you forget your wine key, your cabin steward will be happy to supply anything you need to enjoy your wine. It varies on what you'll pay. Some say they've paid more for the 1.5, but many have not. It just depends on the NCL staff member. Cheers!

I appreciate the fine tips!

* When, where, how is corkage fee assessed?

* Seattle? Riesling? I recommend Chateau St. Michelle Riesling. About $10. Yes, this Columbia Valley wine is one of America's best sellers, but with good reason. A fine breakfast wine, I say!

* Seattle? Riesling? I recommend Chateau St. Michelle Riesling. About $10. Yes, this Columbia Valley wine is one of America's best sellers, but with good reason. A fine breakfast wine, I say!

that is exactly what i am looking for. can i get it at the market. i hope so. thanks so much.

you might want to pick up a bouquet of flowers from the msarket to have for your cabin. Big ones are $10 and just buy a cheap vase in a drug store.

that would be a real treat for myself. i love flowers in my cabin. neat idea.

Last year on the Dawn out of Miami we had a bottle each in our carry on's. Were prepared to pay the fee but nobody even blinked. The TSA employee was the only person watching the x-ray and it didn't hurt that she was working on her lunch at the time.

After you board and your carry-ons are xrayed, if they notice the wine, they'll point you to a table where you'll be charged the fee to your onboard account. They'll hand you a receipt. Keep that handy during your cruise. Then you'll check-in as usual. The corkage fee will show up on your onboard charges.

If they don't notice the wine, it's up to you on how you want to handle that. I would probably assume that the wine gods were smiling down on me.

HOWEVER, if you take that bottle to a restaurant, they will look for a sticker on your bottle to prove you've paid the corkage fee. If you haven't paid, they'll just add $15 to your onboard account at that point.

We've brought on as much as a case and just had the $15. per bottle

added to on board charges. It is worth it to get wine you like at less

than $35. a bottle. But the advice to keep the receipt is excellent. A

sticker fell off one bottle and we could prove we'd paid. margretha

After you board and your carry-ons are xrayed, if they notice the wine, they'll point you to a table where you'll be charged the fee to your onboard account. They'll hand you a receipt. Keep that handy during your cruise. Then you'll check-in as usual. The corkage fee will show up on your onboard charges.

If they don't notice the wine, it's up to you on how you want to handle that. I would probably assume that the wine gods were smiling down on me.

HOWEVER, if you take that bottle to a restaurant, they will look for a sticker on your bottle to prove you've paid the corkage fee. If you haven't paid, they'll just add $15 to your onboard account at that point.

I am really only interested in having wine with my dinner, not in my room. When I was on RCCL in July, they kept my wine bottles somewhere in the main dining room and brought me 1-2 glasses each night at dinner. Do they do this on NCL or do I have to carry my wine bottle with me?

I am really only interested in having wine with my dinner, not in my room. When I was on RCCL in July, they kept my wine bottles somewhere in the main dining room and brought me 1-2 glasses each night at dinner. Do they do this on NCL or do I have to carry my wine bottle with me?

They absolutely do. You can take your bottle the first night to dinner, drink what you want, and they will give you a receipt for your wine that you'll need to hang on to, and present at your next meal.

If you'd prefer, I'm sure your cabin steward or reception will be able to take your bottle for you to be stored if you don't want to carry it to your first dinner.

They absolutely do. You can take your bottle the first night to dinner, drink what you want, and they will give you a receipt for your wine that you'll need to hang on to, and present at your next meal.

If you'd prefer, I'm sure your cabin steward or reception will be able to take your bottle for you to be stored if you don't want to carry it to your first dinner.

Great! Thanks for the information.

Last year on the Star we carried on a bottle of wine and a bottle of champagne in our insulated wine bag. We also had our corkscrew in the bag. After the bag went through the xray machine, the inspector asked to see the corkscrew and then it turned out we had two in there...he just wanted to see it, then he sent us on our way. No table set up to pay corkage. No $15 fee for us. I guess the wine gods were smiling on us that day! ;)

Is there a store where one can purchase hard liquor at Pike's market? I know we can't bring it on the cruise. it is for consumption in Seattle.

The hard liquors are only sold thru Washington State liquor stores and I am sure there is one in the market area.

You can bring it with you but it will need to be turned in at boarding and you will get it back at the end of the cruise, but that won't help so just drink it before hand or buy it after you get back.

The Market is not that far from the dock, a nice walk along the water front then up the hill climb steps.

Archived