Transfers/Shuttles from Jacksonville FL to cruise port

luvtoshag

My husband and I are taking our first cruise on Feb. 2 on Carnival Fascination. It will be a beach music cruise and we are driving from North Carolina to Jacksonville, FL and wanted to know if and/or what hotels offer free shuttles/transfers to the port? Would it be better to park at the port? Thanks for any help!

Parking is available at the port for $15 a day. It is within walking distance of the terminal. Not sure about free shuttles from any of the hotels around the airport. I couldn't find one with a free shuttle, but I was looking for a low-cost one night pre-cruise stay. Maybe some of the other more expensive hotels offer a free shuttle, but the one we booked doesn't. We're just going to taxi it to the port.

There are hotels near the airport that offer park and cruise packages with shuttle service included (or for an additional fee).

In April 2006, we stayed at the Clarion using this arrangement.

In Nov 2008, we stayed at Microtel using this arrangement.

There is more information in the "Jax info only" thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=850690

My report on our stay at Microtel is on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=879358&highlight=microtel

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your cruise on Fascination! We sure did!

Thanks for the info. Went to the link you provided and it sounds great. Better than any I have checked so far. I appreciate the tip.

While waiting for a reply, I have called and checked on some other places here is what I found out. Called on Monday, January 19th:

Wingate Airport was $140.12 for one night with shuttle that leaves at 11:00;

Holiday Inn Airport - Interior room w/King $149.95 + tax, $139.95 for exterior room (free parking) have to arrange shuttle time w/front desk;

Hampton Inn $149.00 +tax. They charge $5.00 per day for parking. Shuttles leave at 11:30, 12:00 and 1:00

I have not stayed at any of these, I was checking to see about their cruise packages. I found a website that has some cruise packages listed on it.

http://www.visitjacksonville.com/cruise

Thanks again for the help!!

a cruise package, ie the HI Express for $152/night +tax. We stayed at a hotel about 15 min away for $62/night ($70 after tax) and parked at the port for $75, saving us about $10-15. Unless a shuttle is "truly free", I would rather have my car at the port so I can get to the port when I want to and leave the port when I want to. I have done both free shuttles and parked at the port and the convenience of having my car probably outweighs the cruise package (esp if I have to pay even $9 per person each way for shuttle and we are family of 5 or it is more expensive to shuttle in).

Archived