Future Cunard Sailings

liketravel

I think future sailing with Cunard both 2009 & 2010 both old the new ships will be affected by how loyal clients to Cunard are feeling & have been treated at this present time about price drops.

As I have already posted on here...

I am still not happy & plan to pursue again with the possibility of cancelling & starting again.

I will not tip on this voyage I think Cunard are getting enough from those of us suckers who booked 04/08.

I will never ever book in advance again.

The future of the new Queen I feel may be interseying to observe as I do not think they will have the bookings that they hoped for.

Liketravel

I will not tip on this voyage I think Cunard are getting enough from those of us suckers who booked 04/08.

Liketravel

And because you are angry with Cunard you will go out of your way to penalize the low paid staff who bend over backwards to make your voyage comfortable...both those you can see on a daily basis and those who make the ship what she is and do so unseen? A pretty poor excuse to save yourself a few measly dollars. I will never understand the concept of "hurting" Cunard by removing the tips....the tips are for staff...not Mickey Arison!

I pre book, sometime over a year in advance all the time and have gotten the benefits of reduced prices in the past.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continued...did it ever!

October 16,2008...the “Affair” goes transatlantic as we sail in tandem with the grand QE2 on her final transatlantic voyage...what a thrill!

December 9, 2008....the “Affair” resumes again....Life is good!

August 7, 2009....the “Affair” goes on...this time “home” to Norway

I am still not happy & plan to pursue again with the possibility of cancelling & starting again.

Liketravel

A bar steward aboard QV told me he is paid $50 a month and then gets a percentage of tips that varies widely from voyage to voyage depending on passenger spending. He makes about half aboard QV than he did aboard QM2.

Ted

Well, unfortunately the T&C in the UK and US are different. Here in the US we pay 25%deposits and can refare bookings as long as they are not restricted rate codes. In the UK, the deposits are only 10%, but refaring to new promo codes is quite difficult, but normally winds up with an upgrade.

All in all, it all works out the same in the end.

However, taking your frustrations out on the staff who work very hard for you is not the way to show your displeasure at booking terms and conditions.

Hello we are in the same position as Likletravel and were told by Cunard via our t/a to simply cancel thus losing our deposit and book again! So much for loyalty to customers.

I have written to Cunard direct but after 3 weeks am still awaiting a response.

I like you "enjoya cruise" have had to cancel and re book to gain advantage oflatest Cunnard discounts.

This seems such a strange way of rewarding customers who pledge there monies early on

I am just hoping the cruise will be all i am expecting, as a regualr cruiser with Celebrity i hope th grandier Cunard describe will meet there hype.

I always book early and so far after 18 cruises I have never lost out.

I like to choise when and where I cruise, so I book early to be sure of getting on the cruise I want. If I miss out on a better deal it's a shame, but at least I know I am booked :)

I always book early and so far after 18 cruises I have never lost out.

I like to choise when and where I cruise, so I book early to be sure of getting on the cruise I want. If I miss out on a better deal it's a shame, but at least I know I am booked :)

Exactly my philosophy! We book in advance at the price negotiated at the time to get what we want. Its our own fault for not waiting for a possible drop but then again we could save ourselves the trouble of losing out if the prices don't drop and the voyage sells out.

Besides, no company on Earth has an obligation to anyone to offer a lower price to those already booked anyway. Its a nice gesture but its the way it goes. I think boycotting future travel just because of this practice needs to be looked at more closely as they all do it.

I also agree that withholding the tips is just punishing those who have nothing to do with it and won't hurt the company.

David

I agree David.

As someone pointed out earlier, you don't expect recompense when shops reduce their items in a sale.

When you phone Cunard, you are informed that the price is valid for that phone call so I suppose they do cover themselves for future changes.

However, when we book, we accept that price as a reasonable one. I'm just so glad to have the stateroom I want on a fabulous ship, going to a fantastic place!

heywood

I agree David.

As someone pointed out earlier, you don't expect recompense when shops reduce their items in a sale.

When you phone Cunard, you are informed that the price is valid for that phone call so I suppose they do cover themselves for future changes.

However, when we book, we accept that price as a reasonable one. I'm just so glad to have the stateroom I want on a fabulous ship, going to a fantastic place!

heywood

I don't know about you, but I am in a store if a price goes down between the time I order an item and the time I take delivery of an item I certainly do expect an accommodation.

Having not booked a cruise from a country other than the US, I can't say with any accuracy as to what we have experienced as how applicable it may be to others, however I find much of this discussion of interest. Like many who have posted, I look for a reasonable price for what I want, whether it a cruise or a tangible item. Once I have decided what price I am willing to pay, I can fault no one, particularly the crew onboard for paying more than someone else. If I make the decision to pay a price, I have no one to punish expect myself. Those who choose to take it out on line employees simply are not considering the fact those service employees have no control over the prices we pay as passengers.

Secondly, since sailing aboard the QM2 in 2005, we have always placed a set on board deposit which is both refundable and transferable to any cruise more than 91 days prior to sailing. This deposit, as I have been told is good for up to four years. This deposit also has provided for an onboard credit (amount depends on cruise, up to and matching the deposit). I have many times transferred this deposit to both Cunard agents and a travel agency reps, even combining on board credits to maximize savings.

I have found that in the end, when prices have dropped, this deposit has allowed for the price decreases to be accounted for, so in the end, we have benefited from the changes as well.

So, for us, we have enjoyed the cruises onboard QM2 on two occasions and will be returning. Knowing this, booking future cruises on board is both rewarding and exciting as we love to anticipate which one we want to enjoy next.

In closing, pay the obligatory tipping fee or not, but do so not because you are unhappy about a fare, do so because your service was worthy the gratuity. Those who work and serve on board, on the whole, work very hard and many times are not recognized for what they do.

Respectfully,

LinerFanatic

Archived