Pearl AE Suite Questions

coffeecat

Hello! Thanks to all of the great information on this board I decided it was time to try freestyling with NCL! Have booked our first cruise with Norwegian on the Pearl this spring and we can't wait. Just have a few questions about the AE suite...

With an AE do you get one of those handy cell phones to use on the ship?

Is there sparkling wine in your room at sail away?

What time does Cagney's open for breakfast?

Can you hear the bowling and Bliss below or is it pretty quiet?

Does anyone have a pic of the balcony?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Check for a review by BikerAl from 2007 - he had an AE and may have written about his "suite experience". We met Al and Donna at our cc roll call M&G and spent some fun time with them on the Pearl. I know that they raved about their suite, had no complaints about the location and would book it again in a heartbeat! The AFT suites are highly sought after and you made a great choice.

DH and I have an AD on our upcoming Pearl. We loved everything about the AD on our Dawn cruise and immediately booked another Pearl cruise with an AD and our 2010 cruise is also in an AD.

You will love it.......

Hello! Thanks to all of the great information on this board I decided it was time to try freestyling with NCL! Have booked our first cruise with Norwegian on the Pearl this spring and we can't wait. Just have a few questions about the AE suite...

With an AE do you get one of those handy cell phones to use on the ship?

Yes you do.

Is there sparkling wine in your room at sail away?

There is a small bottle of sparkling wine in your room and is probably going to be iced down for you already. It's a two glass sized bottle.

What time does Cagney's open for breakfast?

I believe it was 7:30 when we were on the Pearl last Oct, however we have also sailed where it was different times differet days, just depending if it was a port day or not. On the Pearl last Oct it was the same time every day which honestly I liked better than the changing times we have experienced in the past.

Can you hear the bowling and Bliss below or is it pretty quiet?

Never heard one peep, however being in an AE, you are at least two decks below the bowling and Bliss. The AD's are right below the bowling and the Bliss.. I believe they are at least.

Does anyone have a pic of the balcony?

Sorry.. we did not take any of the balcony this time.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Welcome to NCL and I hope you have an amazing cruise. If you think of any other questions, let us know. 8-)

Watchdiva, Terry and Doug,

Thanks so much for your replies! I have spent many hours reading this board (my husband has asked if I am trying to learn how to drive the ship!) and still had those questions which I am very glad that you helped to answer. Plus you have already both provided so many great tips on previous posts so a double thanks is in order!

I had decided to go with gty balconies but the other night came home and found the suite threads and decided to go for it!

As for the phones...can you call another suite's phone? Asking b/c my husband and I are taking my dad and his SO who we also booked an AE suite for and were hoping we would be able to reach them when needed on the ship.

Finally, what time do most of the excursions leave in the morning? Was wondering b/c I wanted to squeeze Cagney's in for breakfast before leaving for the excursion...

Thanks!:)

As for the phones...can you call another suite's phone? Asking b/c my husband and I are taking my dad and his SO who we also booked an AE suite for and were hoping we would be able to reach them when needed on the ship.

Finally, what time do most of the excursions leave in the morning? Was wondering b/c I wanted to squeeze Cagney's in for breakfast before leaving for the excursion...

You can call any other number on the ship, to include your cabin, other cabins, the spa, your butler, the concierge, the captain (on second thought, cancel that last one).

It depends on the port and what the excursion is. The Cagney's breakfast starts pretty early, so you shouldn't have a problem. I still remember the salmon fritatta and the steak & eggs (cut that steak with a fork).

Bliss Lounge and Bowling are located on Deck 7.

AD's are located AFT on Deck 10, with minisuites on Deck 11 directly above them.

AE's are located AFT on Decks 8 and 9. If your AE is on Deck 9 you will have the AD suites above you and AE suite below you. If your AE is on Deck 8 you will have AE suites on Deck 9 above you and Bliss/Bowling below you on Deck 7.

Honestly, I doubt sound from Bliss/Bowling will be an issue. Make the most out of all the suite perks......there's almost nothing your butler/concierge cannot make happen if you ask.

Watchdiva-I think some your previous posts definitely sealed the deal on going for the suite. I was dreaming of an AD (your balcony will be amazing as I have seen some AD pics!) but I think I am going to be thrilled with the AE. And the Aft sounds wonderful!

ODBLNT- I have heard about cutting the steak with a fork at Cagney's breakfast and the salmon! Glad to know I can call anywhere on the ship even other's cells.

I know it is silly but a quiet breakfast, the aft, and having the cell phones alone make it worth it to me...

I am really looking forward to this and appreciate your insight!

Archived