La Quinta East (Miami)

badora

Hi we stayed there last March. Loved the hotel but back then it did not have a shuttle to restaurants, only to airport and cruise port. There are no restaurants nearby. You could take a cab to the mall ( i don't remember the name, it was beautiful, had many restaurants, shops and bars. It was about a ten-fifteen minute drive). My husband thinks there might have been a restaurant in the hotel next door ( very walkable). I'd suggest calling the hotel also. I do know that some of the guests ordered pizza. They give you a bunch of fliers when you check in. You can just order in and sit by the pool ?:)

I'm interested in knowing which restaurants too.

Hey, if you call the hotel, would you also ask what times the shuttle leaves for Miami port on cruise day and post the info here. I just did a search and came up with varying answers -- one large bus (greyhound type) that takes everyone at one time and drops off at terminals for the different cruise lines and then someone else said a van goes at different times for different cruise lines -- something like if you are on RCL, you go at 10:30, if you are on Carnival, you go at 11:30, if you are on NCL, you go at 12:30...etc.

Don't know about the restaurants a shuttle will take you to. We just ordered pizza.

We were on the first shuttle to the cruiseport (10AM). It stopped at RCL, then Carnival Valor (us), then NCL ?. It was a mini-bus. There also was a regular van at 10AM which dropped off at Carnival Triumph. When we arrived around 5 PM, the gal at the desk asked us which shuttle time we wanted.

By the way, if you stay there and want breakfast, I suggest you get up early, throw on clothes, and eat. Then go back to your room to finish getting ready. It gets really crowded the closer it gets to shuttle times. The later you go for b'fast the more crowded it gets as people and their luggage all try to squeeze into the dining area.

We are staying at this hotel in March before Panama Canal. I am correct in assuming that after the cruise there are TONS of cabs waiting, and it is easy to find one and get back to this hotel to pick up the car? Anyone do this and know approximately how far it is away and the cost of a cab.

Thanks all.

Archived