How often is tender missed in April?

freedomhoneymoon09

Hi,

we were in Grand Cayman last week with the Jewel. The weather was not so goot, high waves and rain, and we could not Tender to George Town. But they do have an alternative Tender Harbour for bad weather at the south side of the island, so I am sure you won´t miss this really beautiful Island!!!

Christina

50/50 chance were the statistics we had when we sailed for Spring break. Its been a stop 3 times for us during spring break! we tendered 2/3 times. Good luck

This is our most favorite stop ever!!!!! If you don't know about Captain Marvins...Google his sight and go on a tour with him! ITS LIFE ALTERING the way he interacts with those STINGRAYS!!!!! He was our captin of the boat last year...Just amazing. The company is awesome and reputabls!!!

Take care:)

While you're odds are good in April, I'm terrified that you're terrified of missing a port. Cruising is not like a land vacation, or an airline flight where you have every reason to believe that you'll go where you're planning to go.

On a cruise, weather, mechanical problems or even corporate decisions can change the ports. The captain can decide at any moment to turn around and go somewhere else.

I am not trying to scare you, but rather to put you in the right frame of mind. What IS for sure is that you will be on a beautiful ship with fantastic service, tons of delicious food, great entertainment and activities and your new spouse. You will have a wonderful time even if you miss every port.

In cruising (as well as in marriage, and lets face it, life) if you focus on the positive, and don't worry about the stuff that you don't have any control over, you'll be a lot happier. It's so easy to focus on the stuff that went wrong that you don't notice all the stuff that goes right.

Have a fantastic cruise- and congrats to you and your fiance!

We were supposed to be there on 1/20, and GC closed the port due to

bad weather. All ships were turning away. Didn't look too bad in the morning

but I guess they were expecting bad weather all day. No other tender piers

were used.

Archived