water taxi to San Pedro

darjensil

Trying to decide what to do in Belize. We've done the cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling, and gone to Caye Caulker. I am wondering if it is possible- time wise- to take a water taxi to San Pedro? We'd like to go somewhere different this time, but am a little worried about time. I know we can fly there also but there are 6 of us and not sure of the cost for that? Anyone have any advice? Can we take the water taxi and not be too worried about time? Any other suggestions as to what to do?

Well Jubilee- funny to see you on here:) Not sure if we want to spend 4 hours traveling by boat to San Pedro- so don't know what we'll do. We may do the manatee thing and go to Bannister Caye just to do something different- who knows. Still got a little time to watch the boards here and see what people say. Are you guys going only to Caye Caulker or going to do an excursion and end up there????

I called and talked to Coral Breeze (US number listed) yesterday.... Bannister Caye is a man-made island..I think he told me only 3 1/2 acres...nice beach..raked daily...small refreshment area...calm water ...just a place to hang out for the afternoon. I asked him to tell me where it was on the map and he said it won't be on a map..it is just a dot! :-) It is a toss up if you see manatees...sometimes you do...sometimes you don't... So I don't know if we'll do that one. We can just take Coral Breeze's tender over to Caye Caulker with the snorkel people (they quote a price just for people exploring the island)..they'll drop us off and we can ride back to Belize City with them. I'm looking at the other tour companies to see what is offered. Maybe someone else knows a great place to go in Belize out to one of the islands where we wouldn't have to stay on a water taxi for hours!! Let me know if you hear of anything!

The water taxi takes two hours to get over to Ambergris Caye. Is there anything specific that you would like to do there? We have a condo there and visit regularly, so I can help you with snorkeling, diving, and food recommendations.:)

I certainly don't recall it being a 2 hr. ride to AC via water taxi when I visit Belize :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
Trying to decide what to do in Belize. We've done the cave tubing, zip lining, snorkeling, and gone to Caye Caulker. I am wondering if it is possible- time wise- to take a water taxi to San Pedro? We'd like to go somewhere different this time, but am a little worried about time. I know we can fly there also but there are 6 of us and not sure of the cost for that? Anyone have any advice? Can we take the water taxi and not be too worried about time? Any other suggestions as to what to do?

I have been looking at excursions in Belize on NCL's website. I am pretty sure it said that the boat ride to San Pedro was one hour from the pier.

Archived