Roll Call Veendam March 8, 2009 Tampa

cruiser4242

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chip and John,

Where are you from? We're from Rochester, NY. Have you looked into Shore Excursions? We have never been to Belize, but look forward to it. What cabin are you in? Do you want to get together on the ship?

Dick and Frank

I had such a brain fart finding this post:eek:. Thanks for the email. We don't have a cabin as of yet. We have a GUAR rate cabin and we may not know until be board. I'm hoping our Mariner status will get us something fun.

Chip has been looking at a private snorkeling tour in Belize. We’ve been to Belize a couple of times and both time done the Old Belize River and Altun Ha Ruins. I don’t see that as a selection. I would like to do a Zippline tour but Chip isn’t interested. I understand the cave tubing is a lot of fun. I’m sure we’ll be snorkeling. If you’d like to snorkel I think we have to have 6 people, which mean we’ll be joining someone else tour anyway, let us know. I can’t email you the details.

Click on the screen name for our profile.

John

Hello Dick

I believe Chip and I will be taking a snorkeling boat out of Belize. Their website is straight forward and understanding of cruise passengers. With lunch it’s only $75 and we are out for five hours. It is a small boat. And a small group.

I’ve had friends that have taken the tubing and they enjoyed it a lot. I think the terrain is a little rugged for me. I do very well but I have had two back surgeries so I know my limits. We’ve been down the Ole Belize River on two occasions and loved it. Most enjoyable were the Holler Monkeys and seeing Manatees.

I think we are just walking and site seeing in Key West. I think I mentioned the Key-Lime intake. Martinis and Pie. Now that’s an excursion I’m looking forward to.

There will be a cruise critic meet and greet after the muster drill. We’ll be meeting in the Crows Nest on the port side. I believe the muster drill is at 4:15 so we should be in the Crows Nest at sail-away.

We can chat about all the weeks events over diner on Saturday night.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks we’ll leave the ship in good shape for you guys. We are staying in Tampa the night before and having dinner with Dick and Frank (cruiser4242). We hope to have a wonderful cruise. I’ve never been on a bad cruise yet.

You seem to have a good active board for your March 15th cruise. We have a meet and greet plan on board just after the life boat drill. Great way to start off a cruise and met all the fun people.

We’ll see you at the port in Tampa. We’ll be the ones crying because we have to go home. You’ll be the once smiling because you’re sailing. Have a fun cruise.

John

Archived