Excursion Differences: Reef N Rays vs. Coral Reef & Stingray Safari

luvtovaca

Does anyone know the main differences between these two Carnival excursions in Gr. Cayman? Other than the price, Reef N Rays $45 vs. Safari $65. Both go to Stingray City and a reef. I called Carnival and they said the cost is different due to different Tour Operators, but they wouldn't tell me who those are. From the descriptions, I think one goes to the deeper 10-12 foot water area of Stingray City. Does this make a big difference in the experience? TIA. :)

• 5 months later...

Avoid Reef and Rays....

They took us to a remote location of "Sting Ray City" which only had 4 sting rays...there were about 100 people on our excursion and everyone was kicking each other with their flippers all trying to touch or get a photo with a sting ray.

The tour was 45 minutes late getting started so they cut our snorkeling time at the reef and cut our swim time. Our tour only lasted 1.5 hours and was supposed to be 3 hrs...The crew said we had to hurry because they had another excursion going out after us...

We were rushed and had an incomplete excursion. It was horrible. We paid over $200 for us and the kids to go on this excursion.

Archived