Kids on Alaska Millennium

pertfred

Any idea if the Millennium is a popular cruise for kids ages 12 and 15? Going to Alaska in June and dont want to pick the wrong ship. This one has a good itinerary? Would the Infinity be a better kid friendly choice? Thanks:D

Bumping for the OP

I'm a first time cruiser, so I can't answer your question. We are sailing Millie in June with kids ages 4, 5, 15, and 22 (yeah, he IS a kid). I've met lots of other families sailing Celebrity over the summer.

Millienium doesn't have some of the bells and whisles that some of the other ships do. Go online and look at the features, and then look at those of the other ships you are considering. I really am not sure I'd choose Celebrity for my teenage but we had all 3 generations to consider. Also, we have long shore excursions planned on our embarkation day, on 3 of our 4 port days, and we leave early on our disembarkation day. So we only have the 2 sea days to even enjoy the ship. So the ships ammenities were not as important to us as the itinerary.

We're also sailing Millie in June - our kids will be 11 and 14, we'll have cousins 8, 10, and 16 with us. We sailed Alaska on the Summit - sister ship, identical itinerary 5 years ago with kids 6, 10, 12, 15, 18. Everyone - kids, teens, adults - had a great time.

It may not have all the bells and whistles of some of the ships, but Summit had a great kids program and the teens had fun too. We're hoping it's the same this year.

We are sailing in June on the Southbound cruise and also are traveling with 9 kids ages (12,13,15,16,16,17,17,18,19), and I think it will be great. We went to Northern Europe a few years ago with the kids, and they had a great time- and I am sure this one will be great too. I think Celebrity is a good choice for a lot of families, as they are nice sized ships with lots to do, but not too "kidsy". I was on the Summit with lots of families- and what I liked was that we saw a lot of families who were doing things together, and not lots of "packs" of kids, and everyone seemed to be having a great time...

Archived