Is Celebrity Slipping?

danskerlady

We were on the Galaxy, Dec. 29 sailing from San Juan -- we had done the same cruise, same ship last year. We have always thought Celebrity was "top of the line" but this year, there were a number of small things that seem to indicate that Celebrity is cutting back. May be it was just because Galaxy is about to go out of service BUT. Some examples, a manicurist whose work chipped in just a few days; smoked salmon disapperead from the breakfast buffet on about day 7; on the last two or three days the bars were serving pretzel twists and cheese-itz rather than peanuts, etc; worn towels by the pool; threadbare robes in the cabin (though they were replaced when we complained). The dining room food was not up to par -- poorly cooked lamb that almost everyone at our table sent back, strip steaks that still had grizzle on them, etc. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We were on the Galaxy, Dec. 29 sailing from San Juan -- we had done the same cruise, same ship last year. We have always thought Celebrity was "top of the line" but this year, there were a number of small things that seem to indicate that Celebrity is cutting back. May be it was just because Galaxy is about to go out of service BUT. Some examples, a manicurist whose work chipped in just a few days; smoked salmon disapperead from the breakfast buffet on about day 7; on the last two or three days the bars were serving pretzel twists and cheese-itz rather than peanuts, etc; worn towels by the pool; threadbare robes in the cabin (though they were replaced when we complained). The dining room food was not up to par -- poorly cooked lamb that almost everyone at our table sent back, strip steaks that still had grizzle on them, etc. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I was on the Galaxy in May and I had a hair in my opera cake, the the meat was tough, the fish was good and so was the lobster. The service in the dining room was still good but not as good as prior cruises. I always looked forward to dinner I too would like to know if this consistent across all the ships. After that cruise I am looking at all the lines for my next trip and not leaning toward Celebrity. I understand that industry wide that the food as dropped but I get better meals at home.

Archived