Balcony Question

Bakeman

On the Freedom if the balcony door is open, does the air conditioner turn off? If so is there a way to trick it into staying on?

I can't believe nobody has any ideas about this.

Of course they have ideas and opinions...sure you want to hear them?:rolleyes:

Suprisingly I do want to hear ideas, our first balcony and I had read somewhere that this is a problem on some ships.

It is a problem...why would you want to AC the Caribbean?

Rumor has it it gets pretty warm down there in the summer months.

I'm sure it does...so again, why would you want try and cool the Caribbean?...Baclony door open, AC off...door closed, AC on....

I'm sure it does...so again, why would you want try and cool the Caribbean?...Baclony door open, AC off...door closed, AC on....

What it basically boils down to is I want to use up as much possible electricity on board that I can and cause the ship to use more fuel, thus insuring that cruises become more expensive for everyone in the future.

What it basically boils down to is I want to use up as much possible electricity on board that I can and cause the ship to use more fuel, thus insuring that cruises become more expensive for everyone in the future.

Bakeman,

Good answer!

It's also nice to remain cool while listening to the ocean. :)

Exactly, plus this something that would be done at night while sleeping.

I have kept my balcony door open at night while sleeping and have not needed the A/C....I like to sleep in a cool room but with the door open and the ship moving at a pretty good clip at night it stays nice in the cabin. It would get warm awfully quickly in the morning...especially in port.....and that is when I would close the door and have the a/c go back on.

Archived