S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

Sandi, thanks very much for this huge undertaking.. I am an excel nut and even I would think twice about doing what you are doing. The time involved is considerable, I am sure; … and thanks to Mysticks as well. As one whom is very picky about what cabin to select, the info in this thread is invaluable. I assume you are continuing to add the additional cabins from the start of Mysticks posts. Until your spreadsheet is fully updated, I hope you do not mind that I am posting this tip…

If anyone is looking for info on a specific cabin, simply try this very simple step:

Near the top right of any page in this thread, there are two search functions. Do not use the search function on the very top right side at its function is to search all of Cruise Critic. However, there is a second search function a little below. It is also near the top on the right, but below the advertisement. Look for where it lists the page number you are on.

Immediately below the page numbers, are three fields to click on: “Thread Tools”, “Search this Thread”, and “Display Mode”.

Click on “Search this Thread” , and enter the number of the cabin for which you are searching. For example, I am in cabin 1120. I simply entered 1120 and clicked “go” Any information that has been submitted to this thread on that cabin should pull up and you can click on the link in the shaded blue area to read about that cabin. Hopefully, this will help some whom are looking for a cabin that has not yet been updated in the spreadsheet.

Again, Sandi, thanks very much for all your hard work.

OMB

Equinox

Deck - 8

Cabin # - 8186

Class – 2A

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Lots of creaking noises but we got used to it.

Balcony View - View of lifeboats if you look down. No real obstruction

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great cabin. Love the bed by the balcony.

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9263

Class – Concierge

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet cabin, no noise... not connecting

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions, nice stateroom.

Was wind a problem? The sliding glass door at times would create a whistling sound if the wind was strong. However to fix it we would just open it and close it again and the sound would stop.

Any specific problems with this cabin? No, great cabin.

Any other comments? I miss the Solstice already.

Solstice

Deck - 7

Cabin # - 7215

Class – 1A

Starboard or Port Side - port

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet yet close to elevators

Balcony View - View of lifeboats if you look down but there is a convenient gap between last lifeboat and protrusion from Bistro on 5. On forward side of hump so no view aft.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Slightly oversized on hump.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? Great cabin. Also love the bed by the balcony.

Deck - Solstice Deck 8

Cabin # - 8344

Class – Sunset Veranda

Starboard or Port Side - Aft

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Yes very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Bigger than next door. Our balcony was about 7' x 11'

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? Very minor problem on the floor

Any specific problems with this cabin? None at all, I would love to have it again. Especially liked that at least half the veranda was open to the sun.

Any other comments?

I have now completed adding all the posts since Mysticks last spreadsheet update. The spreadsheet is now current as of today's date. I will continue to post updates as needed. If you have information to add or questions, please email me at cruisefansandi@gmail.com

S-Class Cabins.pdf

Edited by librarylady19

Deck -6 Continental Deck

Cabin # -6240

Class –1A

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) –Non connecting. Quiet except white noise from being midship near engine.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –Lifeboats directly below. On back side of hump so no forward view. View straight ahead and back are fine.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -Oversized

Was wind a problem?No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin?The drawers and cupboards around the minifridge are constantly warmer than ambient temperature. Not suitable for storing food and maybe not safe for storing batteries or film.

Any other comments? Excellent location; very near elevators and immediately near the ship's computer room.

Deck -11 Penthouse

Cabin # -1624

Class –AQUA

Starboard or Port Side -Starboard

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) Very Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions. Wonderful view.

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? The stateroom attendent was less than spectacular for this class. We never even got her name but believe it started with a "Z". We had to ask for bottled water every day although it was supposed to be provided daily. Was irksome that we had to keep asking, especially after knowing we were each using a bottle every day!

We mentioned how we were looking forward to the canopies each day at 5pm, but only received them once (not a big deal since they weren't very good, but still...). Body pillows were delivered as requested late evening day one, but without covers. Received covers after asking for them second day. Ran out of shampoo and soap which were provided only after we called for them. Minor complaints, but were hoping more to be "catered to" and not have to ask for the obvious when needed.

Any other comments? Excellent location, very close to the elevators

Thanks for your encouragement and kind words everyone. I am pleased that others find this information as useful as I do.

Just one request of those who are adding their cabin info.: please include the ship name as well as cabin number.

Thanks!

Sandi and Dianne - Is there any way to get both files in one block for future use? On Friday I went to look for a particular cabin and did not find it on Sandi's matrix. Since I knew there was an earlier file that Diane made I did think to go to the earlier posts and find that one, and I did find the cabin details I was looking for in the earlier volume. Perhaps label it Part I and Part II or something identifiable (they are yours, this is just my idea for nomenclature) for those who are new and come here and do not know about the original version. Thanks for keeping these versions current, they are so helpful!:)

Sandi and Dianne - Is there any way to get both files in one block for future use? On Friday I went to look for a particular cabin and did not find it on Sandi's matrix. Since I knew there was an earlier file that Diane made I did think to go to the earlier posts and find that one, and I did find the cabin details I was looking for in the earlier volume. Perhaps label it Part I and Part II or something identifiable (they are yours, this is just my idea for nomenclature) for those who are new and come here and do not know about the original version. Thanks for keeping these versions current, they are so helpful!:)

I am actually working on a merged spreadsheet that will include both Mysticks original data and the updates I compiled. Many thanks to Bob (oldmanbob) who found a way to convert Mysticks pdf to an excel spreadsheet and sent me an excel file so I can combine them. It may take a while but it will be done!!

Solstice Cabin #7159

Class 1A

Balcony on the hump...HUGE....3x larger than other balconies

Life boat below but not obstructing view

Port side...great views of every port

Very close to elevators(no noise)

Close to Solstice Theatre

No wind

GREAT CABIN..GREAT PRICE

Bonus elite member coupons in the bible!!

1505 Equinox

Deck 11

Port Side

AQUA Class

Bed Near Bath

Quiet? Usually. The aerobics floor at the fitness center is directly overhead. Once, two people doing high-impact aerobics at 10pm annoyed us, but we were on our way to a late show anyway and let them continue. BTW, they appeared to be Celebrity people and should know better.

Balcony: Nice. Small overhang allows some sunlight which we found welcome. View of port bridge. Made the captains laugh by leaning over the rail and trying to help them park the boat.

Balcony size: Standard.

Wind: Normal.

Soot: No. Cabin is port forward.

Problems/Comments: Don't overpack: not a surplus of space. Beautiful large bath, best we've had in a standard room. Close to AquaSpa facilities. Close to theatres. Far away from dining, which is good otherwise I'd have gained another 10 lbs.

:):):)

Deck - Penthouse

Cabin # - 1515

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port Side

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – bathroom

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Very quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great view. Can see the bridge off to the right.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal; nice size with 2 chairs, table, and two foot stools

Was wind a problem? no

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments? It's near the relaxation room. That's a plus!

9127 Solstice

Deck 9

Port Side

Category 1B

Bed Near Bath

Quiet? Mostly yes. Sometimes could hear thumps from something being moved.

Balcony: Yes. Just below and behind bridge wing. Could smell smoke from cabin a deck below and about 4 forward. Smoking is not permitted in rooms or balconies, but some people don't think rules apply to them. Even when the rules are safety related.

Cabin is forward of lifeboats, so they do not obstruct looking down to the water. Overhang on deck 6 blocks view of water right next to hull, but it appears that no cabins can see water at hull. Either obstructions (lifeboats) or the hull is tapered inward below forward cabins.

Balcony size: Standard.

Wind: Not a problem

Soot: No. Cabin is not an aft cabin.

Problems/Comments: No problems. Cabin did not seem larger that others we have been in, but there did seem to be more room to move around. Having doors open outward was nice.

Deck 9

Port Side

Category 1B

Bed Near Balcony

Quiet? Very. Occasionally we would hear noise, but very rarely.Even though the cabin is by the elevators, we never heard the doors ding or any talking, etc. from the area in front of the elevators.

Balcony: Yes. Just below and behind bridge wing in the front bump out section.

Cabin is forward of lifeboats, so they do not obstruct looking down to the water.

Balcony size: Spacious with 2 reclining chairs and a good sized round table.

Problems/Comments: No problems. This cabin was more spacious than some we have been in on NCL, and better arranged. If you want to use a hair dryer in the bathroom, you will need to bring an extension cord to reach from the vanity area in the cabin to the bathroom.

Deck 9

Port Side

Category 1B

Bed Near Balcony

Quiet? Very. Occasionally we would hear noise, but very rarely.Even though the cabin is by the elevators, we never heard the doors ding or any talking, etc. from the area in front of the elevators.

Balcony: Yes. Just below and behind bridge wing in the front bump out section.

Cabin is forward of lifeboats, so they do not obstruct looking down to the water.

Balcony size: Spacious with 2 reclining chairs and a good sized round table.

Problems/Comments: No problems. This cabin was more spacious than some we have been in on NCL, and better arranged. If you want to use a hair dryer in the bathroom, you will need to bring an extension cord to reach from the vanity area in the cabin to the bathroom.

What was your cabin number?

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9237

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Largest first balcony on hump

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

Deck - Panorama

Cabin # - 9242

Class – 1B

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –bath

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Not connecting. Was a bit noisy because of being very near the staff door. Lots of doors slaming

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstruction. Could see to the back of the ship and saw dolphins

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem?

Any specific problems with this cabin?

Any other comments?

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9237

Class – 1A

Bed near?(balcony or bath) –Near balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – Quiet

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No obstructions

Balcony Size? Largest first balcony on hump

Was wind a problem? No

Any specific problems with this cabin? None

The deck plans show the bed being near the bath.