Questions about the Dream

fun4family

We are contemplating over which trip to take January 2010. The Dream looks totally Fabulous, but we are also looking at the Independence of the Seas Royal Caribbean. Anyone have any suggestions about either? We've been on the Carnival Elation (just me & DH) and the RC Navigator of the Seas (Family). We have 2 teenagers and a 10 year old.

One of the things I loved about the Carnival was the breakfast and burgers/fries on the Lido deck, does anyone know if the Dream has that?

Also, What is a room of 5 like on the Carnival dream? We had the Family ocean view on the RC where the kids had bunk beds and it was Perfect. If we do Carnival, I'm thinking we'll just go with 2 rooms.

Thanks for your input.

We are contemplating over which trip to take January 2010. The Dream looks totally Fabulous, but we are also looking at the Independence of the Seas Royal Caribbean. Anyone have any suggestions about either? We've been on the Carnival Elation (just me & DH) and the RC Navigator of the Seas (Family). We have 2 teenagers and a 10 year old.

One of the things I loved about the Carnival was the breakfast and burgers/fries on the Lido deck, does anyone know if the Dream has that?

Also, What is a room of 5 like on the Carnival dream? We had the Family ocean view on the RC where the kids had bunk beds and it was Perfect. If we do Carnival, I'm thinking we'll just go with 2 rooms.

Thanks for your input.

Hello,

If you go on the Carnival Dream I would get an ocean view your DH and 10 year old can stay in there with you or not, then you can get an Interior just 2 bunks teens stay in there? I dont know just a option!

Cbc:o

Silly me! I don't know how many things I've read about the Dream and all the time was thinking it started sailing in September 08, not 09. No wonder I haven't been able to find reviews. DUUHH! Guess I better get rooms booked soon, they'll probably go fast.

Thanks for the input.

The Dream will have rooms for 5, with 2 bathrooms.

No telling what they will be like until the ship goes into service and the reviews come back (the renderings look nice though).

The "Family Rooms" on the Dream are a new idea from Carnival. They will ALL be Ocean View rooms with a queen bed, two bunk beds, and a couch pull out bed. These rooms will also have 1 1/2 baths, both with mirrors and sinks so everyone can get ready for dinner. We have one booked for Dec. 2010

I just read about the Carnival Dream last night as I'm planning a Family Cruise for my brothers and sisters in Feb 2010.

I had a RCCL cruise all picked out last summer, and then they went and changed the itinerary on me.:confused:

But the Dream has a cruise to all the places I've been told to go to: East Coast of Mexico, 4 stops, and Belize (my requirement).

I have about 6 families interested (as of now), 4 of which haven't cruised before. We've got 60+ yr olds who just want to lounge and we have a couple of families with kids from teenager to 4th grader. And I'm just a kid at heart too. So I've got to find a cruise to keep everyone happy and motivated.

That family room is going to be perfect for 1, if not 2, of the families intending to go.

The price is right (early booking a balcony room is a couple hundred less than on RCCL Liberty).

As it turns out, several of the families will be getting together this weekend. I wasn't going to do much planning until I returned from my upcoming cruise but I think I'll have to.

I just read about the Carnival Dream last night as I'm planning a Family Cruise for my brothers and sisters in Feb 2010.

I had a RCCL cruise all picked out last summer, and then they went and changed the itinerary on me.:confused:

But the Dream has a cruise to all the places I've been told to go to: East Coast of Mexico, 4 stops, and Belize (my requirement).

I have about 6 families interested (as of now), 4 of which haven't cruised before. We've got 60+ yr olds who just want to lounge and we have a couple of families with kids from teenager to 4th grader. And I'm just a kid at heart too. So I've got to find a cruise to keep everyone happy and motivated.

That family room is going to be perfect for 1, if not 2, of the families intending to go.

The price is right (early booking a balcony room is a couple hundred less than on RCCL Liberty).

As it turns out, several of the families will be getting together this weekend. I wasn't going to do much planning until I returned from my upcoming cruise but I think I'll have to.

I'm not sure I can even pull my group together soon enough to get group on the Dream in Jan or Feb 2010. I keep getting conflicting info from Carnival when I try to get rates for some of these dates. They told me their are no OV rooms available for 2 of the dates I was looking at. With my fam of 5, I simply cant do the more expensive rooms. I think we're just going to go back to our original plan and do the 5 day on the Inpiration. Much more reasonable and I think the teens will still have fun.

Archived