Debarkation in Barcelone

We booked our flights along with cruise through RCI and our flight home leaves at 10.50am. I take it they will make sure we are at airport on time ? Do they have a shuttle that runs based on flights passengers have to get ?

Lat time we went on cruise from Barclona ( different cruise line ) our return flight was not until early afternoon so had plenty of time.

Nowadays RCI have embarkation and disembarkation processing down to a fine art. Since you are on a fly/cruise package with them they know what has to be done and will allocate you colour coded baggage tags which will ensure that you and your cases are off the ship and transferred to the airport in time to catch your flight. No worries - you will be fine. Relax and enjoy.

Barcelona is a very easy and quick port to disembark in as there are no immigration checks in the terminal to slow down the process (and the customs people only seem to do selective checks when you walk out of the terminal). Just make sure you receive the earliest possible tags (first transfer busses) and you should have no problems. We have made flights as early as 8:55AM from Barcelona (self disembark though and cab to the airport) without any problems.

-jani

We had a KLM flight that left around 10 or 10:30 AM a few years ago from Barcelona. We used RC transportation and were at the airport by around 8:30. However, 3 ships docked that day so it took us well over an hour to check in. The lines were wrapped around the lobby. We made it to our gate with about 10 minutes to spare. A couple that we met on the ship had a BA flight that left 15 minutes before ours but they missed their flight. They were able to get on a later flight but missed their connection in Heathrow and had to stay a night in London.

If I had it to do again, I'd get a cab and try to get to the airport before the cruiseline buses so you can get through the check in lines faster. With the buses, you have to wait until it fills up to leave for the airport and once you arrive at the airport you have to find your luggage again as they unload it from the buses. Ours ended up on a different bus from us so we had to search several piles.

We have a 1 PM flight out of Barcelona on May 1 so I am not worried at all about making it based on the messages in this thread. There's not much to do at the airport unless they have upgraded it since 2006, so we will make sure we have reading material handy.

We originally had a 1:00 flight out of Barcelona, and so we purchased the cruise line transfer.

Yesterday Delta changed that time to 10:00 a.m. TA called RCC, and they said that was plenty of time of get us to the airport.

If I had not paid for the cruise and transfer, I would have opted to get a cab, and avoid the bus line ups at the airport.

I think I could have gotten a refund for the transfer portion as OBC, but will probably leave as is.

Archived