New to Celebrity (Century)...? re: traditional dining

waterloogirl

Hello everyone,

I'm used to anytime dining aboard Princess. Set to sail on February 14th Century. We are booked for late dining and am wondering if they only seat at the select two times or if we arrive at 7:30-7:45, are we likely to receive a table or will we be required to wait until the second seating starts at 8 (or 8:30 - unfortunately, I can't remember what time late seating is stated to start). Thanks all in advance!!

We are booked for late dining and am wondering if they only seat at the select two times. Thanks all in advance!!

You will only be seated at the time for second seating.

You will be asked to wait outside the MDR until all tables have been cleared and re-set, which is the stated time or sometimes even later. There is also a limitation with traditional dining that all entrees are planned to be served at same time, so even if seated early and have your starter right away, you will likely just wait longer for your entree. The precision required is amazing to serve two set dinners for thousands, but it doesn't offer you, the diner, much flexibility. Century offers options, the sushi being my personal favorite. The cafe has an informal set table area at night, room service, Muranos (extra $) or a limited buffet.

And it only serves breakfast and lunch, but don't miss the AquaSpa Cafe.

Two points: late seating for us was at 8:45-but YMMV

And they won't take your order until all are seated at your table--so you won't even get your starter courses early; everyone is served at the same time.

But if you get good table companions it's worth waiting for and we always look forward to dinner time, sharing stories about our day, our lives at home, other trips we've been on, whatever the topic of the day may be.

Cathy

Hello everyone,

I'm used to anytime dining aboard Princess. Set to sail on February 14th Century. We are booked for late dining and am wondering if they only seat at the select two times or if we arrive at 7:30-7:45, are we likely to receive a table or will we be required to wait until the second seating starts at 8 (or 8:30 - unfortunately, I can't remember what time late seating is stated to start). Thanks all in advance!!

You willrecieve a table #.

You are very welcome.

It´s a nice ship!!!!!

Two points: late seating for us was at 8:45-but YMMV...

Was that in Europe? Every cruise we've taken on X has had late dining starting at 8:30 except for our Mediterranean cruise where it was 8:45. I read that on some European cruises in August (big month for local Europeans to be on vacation) that it was even later.

Thanks everyone. We are travelling with another couple and would prefer it just be the four of us each evening at our table in the MDR. Can I request this on-line or do I need to wait until we arrive on the ship?

Request on-line if there is a way. We always request the table size through our travel agent. Whatever you do make sure your reservations are linked together for dining. Check your table when you get on board and see the dining room staff right away if you need to check on table size or if your seating is wrong. They are usually set up someplace just outside the dining room for this purpose on the afternoon of embarkation.

Archived