Flight Advise from San Pedro World Cruise Center to LAX

Donna S

If customs at San Pedro and security at LAX are normal, the 1230 flight will be OK presuming you are on the road to LAX by 930. Once in awhile, Customs is slow to clear a ship (neighbors took Disney last summer and were not allowed to start disembarking until 1030). At LAX the Delta terminal isn't bad but again things happen occasionally. Assuming this is on a weekend, LAX delays should be minimal. If you're really concerned, a suggestion is reserve the 2pm. If you arrive at LAX really early, see if they will put you on the 1230.

I noticed you posted the same question on at least one other board. Poor "netiquette" to cross-post...CC is pretty laid-back about it but it will get you banned on some forums! Just a FYI.

I apologize for offending CC readers with the extra post. I kinda new to this. I thank you for your recommendations.

I quite understand cross-posting. Sometimes you don't always get a response in one board when you need a quick answer. Especially when you're trying to pin down reservations.

We usually recommend flights after noon, so you should be all right. The disembarkation process started way late on my last cruise, and we got off at 11:10am, but then we weren't in any hurry. Let your cruiseline know what time is your flight and they'll try to assign you priority over those of us who don't need to make a flight.

I apologize for offending CC readers with the extra post. I kinda new to this. I thank you for your recommendations.

No apology necessary, and I didn't see anyone being offended including me. It was just a FYI...I learned the hard way in the early days of message boards. :)

On the flights, also check SNA-ATL if the flight times from LAX don't meet your needs. All five LA area airports are considered "co-terminals" and you can fly from ATL into one area airport and back to ATL from another and it's considered the same airport. (Delta Express flies from Long Beach but you will have to connect through SLC).

Archived