Taxi from port to airport

cmztravelers

• 2 weeks later...
I know that a taxi from the airport to the port is a flat fee. Is the same true for a return trip from the port to the airport, or is it a metered rate?

Yes, it is a flat fee both ways.

In December, on top of the $28 fare there was also a $2 fuel surcharge, despite gas prices around $1.50/gallon.

• 1 month later...
Are there generally plenty of cabs at the port? How much time should we allow to get to the airport? For example, if we want to be at the airport by noon, what time should we be disembarking? Thanks!

momandherson - I wanted to ask you about your cabin on the Pride of America? Was your balcony pretty narrow? I have a chance to book an aft balcony vs the port side cabin like yours. What would you suggest? Stay port or go aft with a deeper balcony?

Thanks

There should be cabs readily available. The ride to the airport would be about 20-25 minutes on a normal day especially in the late morning. You would need to check to see if there any activities going on on the day you return to N.O. Example - the French Quarter festival on 4/17 -4/19 - I would allow at least an extra 30 minutes due to the traffic downtown, but once you are on the interstate it should be easy. There is alternate route, too (Hwy 61 which is Airline Dr) if there were a major tie-up on the interstate.

Lynda--Thank you very much for the cab ride information!

SandyJabs--We loved our port side balcony, especially for the Napali Coast sail-by, but we've never had an aft balcony so I can't really compare. The balcony on POA seemed to be the same size as our Princess cruise, pretty standard size. I'm sure the aft one would be deeper, so if that's a priority for you you may want to go with that. You won't have that much time to enjoy it, though, because the itinerary is so port intensive. Enjoy Hawaii--it was wonderful!

Archived