Princess Transfers Miami To Fort Lauderdale

UK Cruise Virgins

We are staying in Miami at the Royal Palm Crowne Plaza Hotel (A Princess Hotel )

on South Beach.We have a transfer with Princess on the Saturday to Board the Caribbean Princess at Fort Lauderdale.

I can imagine that these transfers will be a bus which will stop at many hotels picking up others passengers thus ends up being a long and crowded journey and probably arrive at the ship quite late.

Is this the case and if it is ,should we get a cab from our hotel ,and if so does anyone know how long the journey is and how much approx it will cost?

Please bare in mind we are from the UK , we dont know the area,traffic,cost of things in the USA and its our first ever cruise so want to enjoy the expierience as much as possible.

Many Thanx

Tony & Donna

Hi Virgins :)

I'm not familiar with how Princess does their transfer, but I can help you a little bit with local transportation since I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

I wouldn't recommend taking a taxi because it will cost you a lot of money. How much exactly I'm not sure, but it will probably be in the range of $70+

It's a little bit over 30 miles from your hotel to the port, and it would take you about 40 minutes (no traffic) to get there...

If you have any other questions about the area, let me know...

I doubt that the Princess transfer will stop at other hotels. The other two Princess hotels I'm aware of are in Fort Lauderdale. Princess does a nice job with this type of thing and I believe the cost of the transfers is very reasonable. I would just stick with your transfer. They will probably get you to the ship by around 1pm.

Super Shuttle would be less of a hassle for you and less expensive also.

http://www.supershuttle.com/htm/cities/mia.htm

One of the big plusses of the Super Shuttle is that you'll get a reasonable price but be more on your own schedule. You'll have control whereas with the Princess bus you go when they want you to and you're part of a much larger group.

Archived