Princess transfer to Rome airport

103brandy

They offer it, but it is quite high in price. If you can find others on your roll call willing to share the cost (it's what we did last December), we found it much more economical to book private transfers with two other couples than paying the high rate with Princess. Best of luck!

Yes they have transfers to the airport,it isnt cheap,but neither is a taxi,The price was around 80.00$,and it is an hour drive to get there,hence high price for cab:rolleyes::D,but your trip will be well worth it:p

Agreed, wasn't cheap. It was included in my Princess air, and I don't recall the breakdown exactly. $70-80 PP sounds about right.

However, it was the most gracious and effecient Princess transfer I have had. Driver PLUS a guide who did a mini-tour on the way to the airport. Once there, even more staff to help. They were very friendly. More like excursion staff than the usual transfer type staff. It was a very pleasant end to the cruise, and unexpected.

If you aren't able to hookup with some other passengers for a private transfer, at least it's a classy operation.

Deos anyone know if Princess do a transfer from Civitavecchia port to Rome airport?

If so how much?

I had the same question, Jean and Ian. The truth is everyone tells me it is about $79. My in-laws just returned this past year from their European cruise, and they told me they rented an SUV with driver and 4 other people. The driver gave them a little tour there, more comfy than bus ride and intimate, but will the driver show up for sure when you get there???? To save maybe a $20 bill; is it worth it? I like to know I am getting somewhere in enough time with guarantee. Spend a little more for the security of knowing you will be safely transferred. Some excursions can be done solo on safer ports, but to Rome, which is menacing enough, go safely.

;)

Thanks BJRose.

We know Rome quite well and are aware of the pickpockets.

We've always used the train to get into central Rome or Vatican City but never to the airport with heavy bags.

There are now four of us travelling so maybe a reliable shuttle will be better.

Archived