Cheapest way to get to Cruiseport from LAX?

CRUISAYEAR

We are on the Sapphire Princess 3-9-09 and will be flying in early the day of the cruise.

Princess transfers are $40pp r/t.

How much should we expect to pay in a taxi. or Supershuttle ?

The Long Beach cruiseport is approx. 25 miles I heard,

Thanks for any info.

I don't know about cheapest, but I guess it would depend on how many people you have. We were on Sapphire in November and used Golden West Express. total was $65/each way for all 3 of us. (2 and a baby... they even provided the Britax car seat so we didn't have to bring ours.) We were in a nice Mercedes sedan and very comfy. Our driver even stopped at a convenience store on the way so we could pick up some Pepsi products since DH can't live without it and Princess only serves coke. :) I know when we've priced Super Shuttle here in our town, it ends up being not cost effective, but have not tried LAX.

We are on the Sapphire Princess 3-9-09 and will be flying in early the day of the cruise.

Princess transfers are $40pp r/t.

How much should we expect to pay in a taxi. or Supershuttle ?

The Long Beach cruiseport is approx. 25 miles I heard,

Thanks for any info.

We are on the same ship one week prior to you. I researched the transfers & best price I got was with Prime Shuttle 31.00 plus tip for both of us from LAX to our hotel Crowne Plaza.

Will also be doing this in April and did it last year too. We go an afternoon ahead of time stay at the Marriott across the street then let Princess take us to the ship. Think the total cost with hotel $135.00 for both.

If we arrived day of cruise, which we wouldn't do, would still take Princess transfer. $40.00 for both rt, not bad.

Thanks for your help folks ! Anyone remember what cabfare to Longbeach cruiseport was from LAX ?

If you are sailing on the Sapphire Princess, you will be embarking in Los Angeles (San Pedro), NOT Long Beach, which is further from the airport. The cabfare should be about $55 plus tip. It's 19 miles to the port from LAX.

Wow ! Thanks "critterchick" ! Now I have a price for all our options. Now DW wants to stop at a liquor store on the way. I don't think a shuttle shared by others or a tranfer coach is going to stop for us.

I wonder if she could make her purchase on the way out of the airport ? Duty free shop ? As a 10,000 clubber maybe you know the answer.

Wow ! Thanks "critterchick" ! Now I have a price for all our options. Now DW wants to stop at a liquor store on the way. I don't think a shuttle shared by others or a tranfer coach is going to stop for us.

I wonder if she could make her purchase on the way out of the airport ? Duty free shop ? As a 10,000 clubber maybe you know the answer.

I was thinking you can't buy at a Duty Free shop at the airport if your not on an international flight. Our favorite service is Primetimes GoSedan.

Here are the rates from LAX to Crowne Plaza on Sat 3/21 for 4 people.

Super Shuttle

Private Van - $84

Shared Van - $56 ($29 first person + $9 each additional)

Execucar $76 (4 people)

Meet & Greet Exucucar $83 (4 people)

Primetime

Privatevan - $80

Shared Van - $64

Go Sedan - $75.52 (only up to 3 people -Includes Tip)

Towncar - $84.96 (only up to 3 people)

Cab is about $50/$60 and is a set rate, not sure what the current rate is.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Quick question for those who have stayed overnight before the cruise. We are flying to LAX in April and our cruise is out of Long Beach. We are staying at the Marriott.

Anyone know of any companies that will take us on a tour prior to taking us to the Marriott?

Thanks CruisinDawn ! I love these boards, there is always somebody who has the answers to my questions.

Averyjen....We stayed at the Marina Hotel in San Pedro last time which is a Doubletree Hotel now and not that far from Longbeach. The lobby had lots of brochures in a rack for tours and trips to Hollywood and what not. Call your hotel and ask who they use, I bet they have a preferred outfit and will have prices for you.

Thanks CruisinDawn ! I love these boards, there is always somebody who has the answers to my questions.

Averyjen....We stayed at the Marina Hotel in San Pedro last time which is a Doubletree Hotel now and not that far from Longbeach. The lobby had lots of brochures in a rack for tours and trips to Hollywood and what not. Call your hotel and ask who they use, I bet they have a preferred outfit and will have prices for you.

Also type in Super shuttle discount code into Google and you may come up with a code you can use. We did and got $5 off our Meet & Greet service. :D from destinationcoupons.com

BonVoyage

Dawna

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are going on RCI Mariner of the Seas (Mexico) on March 7th. Does anyone know how long it will take to get to the port? We are staying close to the airport (Best Western Airport Plaza) the night before and I would like to reserve prime shuttle to pick us up, but not sure what time we should get the pickup.

thanks

My husband and I are going on RCI Mariner of the Seas (Mexico) on March 7th. Does anyone know how long it will take to get to the port? We are staying close to the airport (Best Western Airport Plaza) the night before and I would like to reserve prime shuttle to pick us up, but not sure what time we should get the pickup.

thanks

We originally were going to be staying at the Courtyare Lax, but changed to Crown Plaza in San Pedro the night before. We will stay at the Courtyard by Mariott on the way back and have pre booked Zippy shuttle. I think if you get to San Pedro early you may see other cruise ships sail out or come in.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived