Mazatlan, Cabo, & Puerto Vallarta...any recommendations?

JazzCatDRP

I'm going on a 7 day to Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and Puerto Vallarta at the end of May on Royal Caribbean. Does anyone have any "must-do" recommendations of things to do at these ports? Which port has the best beaches?

We're trying to be as frugal as we can, so we are looking more at excursions outside of the cruise's offerings. (For example, in St. Thomas last year, we found a GREAT tour for about $20 a head). But, if there's something ya just GOTTA do that the cruise line offers, we're game! Any advice?

Don't have an answer for you but I am also looking for the same information. Also, I know you are not supposed to post threads about tour guides but I was looking for a private driver (just for my husband and me) for all of those ports. Any help would be greatly appreciated.;)

If you click through the Topics on the Riviera page you will see listings for great guides. I have personally taken the Los Veranos Canopy Tour with Johann & Sandra, I have used Mazatlan Frank for his famous city tour, he is so cool!

I have used Acapulco Rosie and Intersol Tours in Acapulco. I could just go on and on for pages and I have to say that they are all great. Wonderful people every one. You start googling and start talking to the companies and they will all help you and then go with who fits your personality. You are going to have great fun.

FRUGAL

Cabo

walk up to the Finesterra Hotel and see 2 spectacular views (no one knows of these), the tender pier is in the center of the pic at the 3 pyramid tents. The dolphin swim tour is in the lower left. Then walk around the marina, pick up 6 pack at a liquor store, pick up a taco or two, drop in to visit Cabo Wabo, then walk on to madano beach and rent a chair under an umbrella for a $1.

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_5350-1.jpg

Cabo7.jpg

IMG_5348.jpg

finesterrapool.jpg

Archived