Fantasy question regarding laundry

Lindsay1982

First off, I LOVE the subject line of your thread! My first thought was "who is fantasizing about their laundry??"

To answer your question, I don't think any Carnival ships have dry cleaning available. No you cannot take an iron, but they are available by calling your room steward. Or you can send it out for pressing in the morning and it should be back that afternoon. I would send it the day before you need it just to be safe.

There are 2 irons and ironing boards in the self-laundry. No charge, but you might have to stand in line. There are also washers and dryers there, if you need them. You can buy detergent and get change at the purser's desk.

... can I bring an iron? I think I remember reading somewhere that I can't take an iron.

Thanks!

Correct, you can't take an iron. Electrical/fire hazard on ships. The laundry room is insulated differently from the cabins, and ironing is allowed in there only.

To my knowledge, stewards don't bring irons to cabins any longer.

There are laundry rooms located on each deck of the ship.

You might want to go to Carnival FAQ section and see what is allowed and disallowed. See my signature line in red below. Have a happy and SAFE cruise!:)

Archived