Chankannab anyone been there

worry wart

Now post-cruise, I was told onboard the Freedom that Carnival is no longer doing excursions with Chankanaab, and that we should have been notified that the dolphin encounter was being switched to Dolphinaris - but we were never notified or booked by them, I did it on my own....

Well worth it tho, it was everything we hoped for and more.

We've booked the dolphin encounter and I have a waterproof digital camera - do they allow you to use your own camera or just purchase their pictures?

We just got back a week and a half ago. So glad I asked about bringing our waterproof camera - they said yes, bring it! Of course your pictures are very close up and good but not as great as the ones they take....

When you get to the desk where they try to sell you all of the pictures, haggle with them a bit and they'll come down in price. We hemmed and hawed and they lowered the price by $15. Not bad. So glad we bought them all (and the video of course!!!)

have a blast

I had a waterproof disposable camera, and Dolphinaris would NOT allow me to use it (the info from Chankanaab said they were the only kind allowed)...of course they wanted to sell me THEIR pictures and DVD... I did end up buying them but haggled back and forth about 4 times over the price - since I only had limited cash with me and no credit card!

We just got back a week and a half ago. So glad I asked about bringing our waterproof camera - they said yes' date=' bring it! Of course your pictures are very close up and good but not as great as the ones they take....

When you get to the desk where they try to sell you all of the pictures, haggle with them a bit and they'll come down in price. We hemmed and hawed and they lowered the price by $15. Not bad. So glad we bought them all (and the video of course!!!)

have a blast[/quote']

How much was the video? We are doing the Royal Swim in April and I am curious.

Archived