is a 12:45 flight too risky after the cruise???

krazycruiser

We are going on the Star out of Long beach....We have never taken a cruise out of the west coast. I want to fly home right after the cruise its either a 12:45 flight or a red eye @10pm to Florida. My hubby says we will never make an early flight, He's been to L.A i haven't. Is traffic that bad???

If you're flying out of LAX, you might be cutting it close because the traffic can be terrible. But if you're flying out of Long Beach, which I would highly recommend, it shouldn't be a problem at all. The Long Beach airport is much closer, there's far less traffic, and the airport itself is miniscule compared to LAX, which makes for much shorter lines at check-in and security.

If you absolutely must fly out of LAX, you could always opt for the Express Disembarkation and be off the ship extremely early. With Express Disembarkation, you have to be willing and able to disembark carrying all of your own bags. The only concern then would be some sort of delay that's out of your hands (e.g., ship returning late, trouble clearing customs, etc.).

Just to clarify.. you do mean you are sailing out of the Port of LA? If so, and you get back on a Saturday or a Sunday I really think you will be ok with a 12:45 flight. And believe me, I am one of those that do not take chances with stuff like that. You would be able to be off the ship and in a cab at the latest by 10:00AM. That will get you, even in heavy traffic (not stop and go traffic) to the airport by 11:00AM and that is still plenty of time to catch a 12:45 flight.

Archived