My crazy long review of the Pearl (and I do mean LONG)

CanadianTwosome

Hey CT ~ Enjoying your review thus far.. I've only gotten through part IIa. Looking forward to the rest! Glad you had a great time so far...(don't ruin the suspense for me!)

I wanted to wish you "Bon Voyage" before you embarked, but missed the window. Oh well.. How 'bout "hope your laundry is light and your friends are so jealous of your tan!" ;)

Hey CT ~ Enjoying your review thus far.. I've only gotten through part IIa. Looking forward to the rest! Glad you had a great time so far...(don't ruin the suspense for me!)

I wanted to wish you "Bon Voyage" before you embarked, but missed the window. Oh well.. How 'bout "hope your laundry is light and your friends are so jealous of your tan!" ;)

Ha ha ha ha ha Thank you very much!! If only your hopes could actually affect my laundry!! Three people for ten days make a lot of dirty clothes!!

Thanks for saying that, CT. By the way.. we got a call tonight.. we have been approved to adopt our new kitty, Lily. We get to pick her up Sunday. You know how I thought we would never be able to have another one after losing our beloved Madelyn Christmas Eve, but we thought a lot about what you and CrusinGram said to us about giving another kitty the love and good home we had given our Madelyn that we decided to do it. Our hearts still hurt for Madelyn, and of course no other cat wil ever take Madelyn's place but even though we don't have her yet, we already love our Lily. A lot of people said really nice things to us here on the boards when we lost Madelyn and I want to thank you all for that.

Thanks for saying that, CT. By the way.. we got a call tonight.. we have been approved to adopt our new kitty, Lily. We get to pick her up Sunday. You know how I thought we would never be able to have another one after losing our beloved Madelyn Christmas Eve, but we thought a lot about what you and CrusinGram said to us about giving another kitty the love and good home we had given our Madelyn that we decided to do it. Our hearts still hurt for Madelyn, and of course no other cat wil ever take Madelyn's place but even though we don't have her yet, we already love our Lily. A lot of people said really nice things to us here on the boards when we lost Madelyn and I want to thank you all for that.

Terry that is wonderful news. Best of luck to the 3 of you. How old is Lily?

Thank you. Lily is three years old. She actually had already been adopted, but the adoptive mother became pregnant and her doctor said she was high risk or something and needed to take Lily back to the Humane Society. She had just arrived back a few minutes before we met her.. which was last Saturday. Even though she had only been gone from the like six months (from the Humane Society) and the adoptive mother brought back her medical records, she had to be checked out by a Vet, etc, before we could have her. That is what the biggest part of the delay has been in us getting her. We just want to bring that beautiful little girl home so she can once again know stability. She has the sweetest little pink nose and you should have seen how she melted when Doug held her.

Thank you. Lily is three years old. She actually had already been adopted, but the adoptive mother became pregnant and her doctor said she was high risk or something and needed to take Lily back to the Humane Society. She had just arrived back a few minutes before we met her.. which was last Saturday. Even though she had only been gone from the like six months (from the Humane Society) and the adoptive mother brought back her medical records, she had to be checked out by a Vet, etc, before we could have her. That is what the biggest part of the delay has been in us getting her. We just want to bring that beautiful little girl home so she can once again know stability. She has the sweetest little pink nose and you should have seen how she melted when Doug held her.

Terry,

I am so happy for you, I have 4 kittys and they bring me so much joy, besides when they chew my flip flips, I have no idea why they love them, they also chew my daughters crocs, we have been through 4 pair. They also love my heating pad i use for my back. Thay fight over the heating pad, and they look so cozy on it when i go to bed, that i do not even move them i let them have it cus I love them that much.:D They all have their own unique personallity but lucky enough each of them is very affectionate. as Awinkler said, Lilly is a very lucky kitty, you and doug will spoil her and take great care of her:)

That's wonderful, Terry. :) When I was much younger and still living at home, I became very attached to my sister's cat. She moved out and didn't take him, so I felt like he was mine, and I spent a LOT of time with him. Then, suddenly, she decided she wanted him and I was devastated. I know it's not the same as losing a pet for good, but he still would have been out of my life for all intents and purposes. My mom told me that we could go to the Humane Society and I could get one of my own, but I didn't want to because I said it wouldn't be the same. Well, my mom has always had a knack for saying things that are wise and thoughtful, and she didn't miss this time, either. She simply said, 'There's always love for one more,' and she was right. There's always one more that needs love, too. :) Lily is very lucky.

I've been lovingly following your posts....we had such a great time on the Pearl in November!!!!! Canadiantwosome, you did such a nice job on your review! I have to laugh....aren't you Canadianthreesome now?! LOL! I CAN laugh because we used to be 4 cruisers in 2000....but we're pretty much 2 cruisers these days!

Terry, that is so nice you've adopted! We applied and filled out a ton of info and waited for our little girl puppy, Annie. She's a pit bull mix and her mother was saved while she was pregnant with Annie's litter. Pits take a bad rapp. We can not believe what a sweet heart she is!!!!!! I know your Lily will be the same! (not that she's a dog....LOL! let alone a Pit!:rolleyes:).

I'll never buy a purebred again. Too many wonderful adoptable pets out there!!!!!!!!

Oh and one side note....Annie came to us after my husband said "No more dogs" after having to put down our sweet black lab golden retriever mix, Jammie! So never say never!!!!!!! He is walking them as I type!

Archived