Jungle River Tubing

PappaSiera

:D I just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. This included a stop in Belize and while I was there I went on the Jungle River Tubing excursion. I HIGHLY recommend! We were shuttled by a very nice a/c bus about an hour to the tubing place. There was an EXTREMELY nice and IMMACULATELY clean bathroom/ changing area! They locked our personal belongings in a room while we floated. There was minimal walking involved from the bus to the camp area. We were shuttled by a tractor pulled "tram" to the river. After the tubing we walked through the Mayan ruins and then walked a short distance through an orange grove to the "tram" which returned us to the camp for a WONDERFUL Belizian meal!! Then we got back on the bus for the return trip to the port. On the trip over to the camp on the bus we had a very knowledgable and passionate guide who told us more about Belize and pointed out sights and things along the way. Belize is a very poor country, and a lot of the living conditions are very sad, but tourism is helping their economy greatly. I recommend this stop!!

Can you tell us a little more about the actual tubing part of this tour please? How deep was the water, fast flowing, etc. We will be traveling with a group of 20 including 3 children 11, 11, and 9 years old. Although all of the kids are swimmers, I would just like an idea of how adventourous this will be. Thanks!

Archived