Carnival SCUBA in St. Lucia- Which company?

CruisinCoach

Does anybody that has been on the Victory lately know which company the Carnival 2-tank dive is with? If it is Scuba St. Lucia, does the check-out dive count as one of the dives? I know conditions dictate which dive sites you hit, but which company gives you the best chance at diving "superman's flight?"

Does anybody that has been on the Victory lately know which company the Carnival 2-tank dive is with? If it is Scuba St. Lucia, does the check-out dive count as one of the dives? I know conditions dictate which dive sites you hit, but which company gives you the best chance at diving "superman's flight?"

You could call Scuba St. Lucia and see if they are providing the dive for the ship.

I dove with them last time I was in St. Lucia. The Anse Chastanet Marine Park has a LOT of fish boat traffic going over it (people leaving the fishing village go right over the marine park). In the past Scuba St. Lucia has had someone panic, head for the surface and got hit by a boat.

Scuba St. Lucia has you do a shore dive for your first dive. It is a good shore dive. There is a lot to see in the marine park. Before the group heads off the DM will have everyone demonstrate you can clear your mask and replace your regulator. It takes literally 10 seconds. If you cannot do a mask clearing and regulator replacement then you don't want to dive the Anse Chastanet Marine Park. It is essentially a restricted overhead environment.

For cruise ship shore excursions, whether you do Superman's Flight would depend on the people in the group. If everyone is an experienced diver they would take you but if even one person looks like they are going to have trouble doing a drift dive they will opt for a different location. Remember, these guys are not going to risk their contract with the cruise ship lines.

I would play it safe and assume there will be someone doing the shore excursion who is not experienced enough to do a drift dive. Most experienced divers will book their own dive rather than book through the ship.

I'm sure http://www.easterncaribbeandiving.com/ is who they use. I had a great time with them. It's a 3 minute walk from the ship to where they dock. I was on the Victory in December 08, my previous dives were in August, so no refresher was needed. If you need extra time, let your DM know.

Do you remember the name of the sites you dove at?

Archived