Need info from former Belize cruisers

SeafordCruiser

Anyone been to Belize before? Trying to find out a few things

1) Anyone ever book thru the Wet Lizard??? They have a excursion we want to book when we go on the Indy Feb 15..

2) Also anyone knowledgeable about Food and beverages at Bannister? What and how much?

This is one stop we never went to before and cannot seem to find the info on the Belize board. Thanks...

1) Anyone ever book thru the Wet Lizard??? They have a excursion we want to book when we go on the Indy Feb 15..

2) Also anyone knowledgeable about Food and beverages at Bannister? What and how much?

This is one stop we never went to before and cannot seem to find the info on the Belize board. Thanks...

We did an excursion in Belize through RCCL. We went snorkeling at the outer cays and then went to Bannister Island. The snorkeling was great and we had a wonderful time at Bannister Island. I can't help you with the food and beverages there. We didn't buy anything, but there was a large bar area with food and beverages.

I would love to go back there again!

We've been to Belize several times. I've always stuck with ship's excursions there...you drop anchor quite a distance from shore. Our excursions always picked us up right at the ship and left directly from there, without tendering into the pier area.

It's a beautiful location with superb snorkeling and swimming from the many tiny islands in the area. One of my favorite excursions ever was a Thanksgiving Day trip to "Shark Ray Alley" followed by lunch, beer, and NFL football on Cay Caulker.

I've found sometimes if you do a search on the Roll Calls board or the Member Reviews board you can find out more port information than what's available in the Ports of Call section. Good Luck!

Here are some pictures from Belize:

2760822680064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

2537047270064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

2864570670064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

2357875340064365838S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks...One quick question please. When you took the ship's excursions did you get a chance to explore the port at all OR do they pick you up AND drop you off at ship?

They pick you up and drop you off at the ship. With the exception of the day we did the Shark Ray Alley excursion which was all day, we've done a tour in the morning then tendered into port in the afternoon.

It was 3 years back, we did ship excursion, Cave Tubing. It was all day tour, long drive and some mini hiking involved before tubing. It was a fun and they serve Jerk Chicken for lunch:D When they dropped us off at the port, we just have enough time to check a few shop and have a drink at the bar there and signed our name on one of the pole (on the pix post above)

We booked the Cave Tubing & Zip Line excursion through RCCL.

It was about 5 hours and included lunch.

You Better Belize It.

We did the same excursion through the cruiseline also and loved it! It included lunch. Belize is a port where I would not feel comfortable booking independent excursions.

There's a fun bar called Sandpiper right where the tenders drop you off. It's on a top deck with a great view, and the waiters were a lot of fun (and the drinks were huge and strong).

Ok Thanks so much BUT it seems no one ever took this Wet Lizard run tour that we want to do??

BUt no feedback on Bannister Island?

We are definitely not cave tubing or seeing ruins this time cruising (DH firm about that!)...Been There ..Done That...

Maybe we will do Rendezvous Caye thru RCCL

Any feedback on snorkeling at Rendezvous Caye versus Turneffe Atoll? We're trying to decide between these two excursions offered by RCCL.

The first 2 pictures I posted are from Rendezvous Cay. It is a TINY island!

Seaford cruiser

Just got back from Belize. We took the tender to the port in Belize City. Went over to Eco Tours, booked a trip out to Bannister Island for $30 each. Nice place, low key. Local beers (Beliken Beer) were around $4.00 each. Did not look at the food costs. I would guess most things were around $8 based on earlier posts. It was a nice beach. Can be somewhat crowded. There were three ships there that day. When we got there around noon it was a busy but soon many left and we had the place to ourselves. We were there for about three hours.

Seaford cruiser

Just got back from Belize. We took the tender to the port in Belize City. Went over to Eco Tours, booked a trip out to Bannister Island for $30 each. Nice place, low key. Local beers (Beliken Beer) were around $4.00 each. Did not look at the food costs. I would guess most things were around $8 based on earlier posts. It was a nice beach. Can be somewhat crowded. There were three ships there that day. When we got there around noon it was a busy but soon many left and we had the place to ourselves. We were there for about three hours.

Were you able to stay longer or leave when you want with this private tour compamy to Bannister Island or were the hours set , and did you book last min ??? when you arrived in Belize

We have been to Belize twice.

2007-we went to Cucumber Beach-not impressed

2008-we went to Bannister island-AWESOME!!! We did the Eco tours for $30 a person. I believe our guides name was Natalie. I can't remember the driver's name. Amazing team. Very nice.

They provided water to drink.

I will say in 2007 Belize was our least favorite port in 2008 it was our favorite!!

I would post all my pictures but I am not that savvy. :rolleyes:

We did not book through the ship-but on our own.

Once we found them, decided what we were going to do, they asked us to wait maybe 30 mins until they found a few more passengers then we all went together.

The 30 mins we walked around the belize shops.

A few people wanted to go snorkeling. They dropped us off at the beach and then took the others on a 30 min snorkel, that I think was maybe $15 more? My husband went-he enjoyed it and said it was worth it.

We had lunch. I had a chicken sandwich and fries, nice sized portion $8, most all the sandwiches were $8. They had a lobster sandwich for $20.

Beer and drinks were reasonable. I don't know how much, our husbands were the bar runners. :D

They had changing rooms, restrooms, bar and restaurant, gift shop (not much there and pricey) and they had some trees/huts that provided shade.

I will try to post a pic...

1847095994_Bannisterbar.jpg.96c1572c6af2d5d7d67478250ab3310c.jpg

Belize.jpg.1c651313d8bb9dfc97fec3128638199b.jpg

100_2508.jpg.89961059792f8df8bb4aeb023c5c2bc1.jpg

Archived