Carnival takes back OBC

tomfromTN

Last September booked future cruise while on the liberty and got $100 obc on next cruise. With the lastest promo our pvp changed fare code and got better rate. But they took our OBC is this right. PVP says she asked but since we were saving so much they would not give us our OBC our booking # is still the same . Doesn't seem right.

Last September booked future cruise while on the liberty and got $100 obc on next cruise. With the lastest promo our pvp changed fare code and got better rate. But they took our OBC is this right. PVP says she asked but since we were saving so much they would not give us our OBC our booking # is still the same . Doesn't seem right.

Very, very few companies of any kind allow anyone to double up discounts. And changes in cruise bookings are handled as cancellations and rebookings. So your OBC was on your canceled booking, not the new one. They might be willing to give back your OBC along with the old price.

Dan

The PVP (on the ship) told us if rates changed it would not affect obc. We were booking a year in advance and she said there we no specials at that time but a past guest or maybe a resident rate would lower the rate. Just fill like I was misled, also I bought 2 $100 certificate which are suppost to be good for $100 off cruise and $100 obc cant wait to see where the catch is on these.

The PVP (on the ship) told us if rates changed it would not affect obc. We were booking a year in advance and she said there we no specials at that time but a past guest or maybe a resident rate would lower the rate. Just fill like I was misled, also I bought 2 $100 certificate which are suppost to be good for $100 off cruise and $100 obc cant wait to see where the catch is on these.

What do you have in writing from the "PVP." And have you read every word on the certificates? More power to you on all the money you can save. But whenever I'm talking to any person in a sales position, I constantly ask, "Show me that in writing!" If they don't or won't, I walk away.

Dan

Did the PVP give you that statement in writing? If it ain't recorded, it ain't sustaining. I have to agree with the other posters that its probably only valid for the previous rate. There really is no catch if you pay attention to detail and the fine print. Read over the $100 certificates and they'll tell you everything you need to no. There's no deception here. All in all though, you are getting a saving one way or another. Please don't simmer in this and let it ruin your vacation coming up. If you are really that angry, call them up and yell. I have worked in sales andcustomer service long enough to know that if you yell, you can practically get anything.

Called Carnival and they said I will have to call back on Monday. Not that upset just seemed like a good thing at the time. Oh well we set sail on thursday on the Facsination for superbowl cruise go cardinals

Enjoy your vacation!:D

Changes to bookings are not treated as cancellations and rebookings. The booking number doesn't change. Any ancillary charges (like the fuel surcharge when in effect), don't change.

I changed stateroom categories and the number of people, and my fuel surcharge didn't change from the $5pp/pd to what was then $9pp/pd.

Certain offers aren't compatible, but they should tell you that up front. If Carnival gave the wrong information, then they should cough it up. If there was a penalty to Carnival when an employee gives out wrong information, maybe the PVPs would receive better training?

It is reasonable for a customer to expect to receive accurate information without having to ask for it in writing.

It is possible that the OBC is still floating around and could be applied to a future cruise.

It depends on the current fare and whatever restrictions apply to it.

I would call back and ask for a mo' bettah explanation.

You are correct, that it is not right, but you are not the first to have to make the effort to get that across to someone at CCL who is not familiar with the initial promotion, or how it reacts with the new saver bookings. In addition to Bill's great info below, I'll offer an additional tip, since I've been through this entire situation very recently.

Changes to bookings are not treated as cancellations and rebookings. The booking number doesn't change. Any ancillary charges (like the fuel surcharge when in effect), don't change.

I changed stateroom categories and the number of people, and my fuel surcharge didn't change from the $5pp/pd to what was then $9pp/pd.

Certain offers aren't compatible, but they should tell you that up front. If Carnival gave the wrong information, then they should cough it up. If there was a penalty to Carnival when an employee gives out wrong information, maybe the PVPs would receive better training?

It is reasonable for a customer to expect to receive accurate information without having to ask for it in writing.

It is possible that the OBC is still floating around and could be applied to a future cruise.

It depends on the current fare and whatever restrictions apply to it.

I would call back and ask for a mo' bettah explanation.

Exactly.

Tom, when you call back on Monday (since that office isn't open on weekend), dial 800-438-6744 directly. If Carlos happens to be available, you might want to request speaking w/ him, as he is very familiar with the situation. Also, since there are two promotions with similar names, make sure you refer to Future Carnival Vacation certificate. As the onboard team probably advised you when you made the purchase, the FCV certificate is compatible with every single specialty fare except Military or Interline. It has been determined by several higher up the ladder than those at the call center, that the FCV certificate is still valid with the new Early Saver bookings.

Best of luck getting this taken care of easily on Monday, and Bon Voyage!! :) :)

Tom,

It's not right and it's not per the terms of the book on board (Future Carnival Vacation) program. We also booked on board Liberty for our three current bookings and purchased five additional certificates for future bookings. For one of our three current bookings we have changed codes twice and the OBC stayed. I also requested and received an email confirmation of the OBC. I made the changes through a PVP supervisor and not my PVP so call after 11:00 AM M - F and request to speak with a PVP supervisor and this mistake will be corrected.

The book on board program does not have the traditional restrictions that Carnival's other programs have.

2634686680065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2851392270065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

The PVP (on the ship) told us if rates changed it would not affect obc. We were booking a year in advance and she said . . .

Tom, in case you forgot her name, since you said 'she' that means it was Vivienne. She and Hai were the two Loyalty & Cruise Experts on Carnival Liberty in September. Just thought that info might be of assistance to you during your call on Monday.

Thanks for all the info I believe I can get this taken care of. This is my first time posting and I appreciate everyones help. Anyone going next week on the Fascination? This will be my twin 8 yr old daughters first. They are excited. and so am I. Does anyone know what night formal will be on a 4 day can't remember we did same cruise last year for a wedding in Nassau.(not mine)

This is my first time posting and I appreciate everyones help. Anyone going next week on the Fascination?

I didn't even notice last evening that you were new to CruiseCritic, as I rarely look at post counts. So, welcome to this cruise forum. :)

I'll be on Carnival Fascination the first week of May, and looking forward to sailing on a ship that will be new for me, as well as a port I've never sailed from. I hope you'll take the time, after you return, to let us all know how it went.

Have a great cruise vacation, and Bon Voyage!! :)

Of course it seems right.

Takes the incentive out of Booking on Board.

Archived