Supper Club Questions

teacher2cruiser

My husband and I will be traveling on the Glory in March, and I have a few questions.

#1. What is the charge per person?

#2. Is the dress code the same as the dining room? (like if you go to supper club on formal night is it formal at the supper club too?

#3. If you go on the lat night at sea, and you haven't prepaid gratuities, how do you get your tips to your dining room staff? Our anniversary will be on the last night at sea, and we're thinking we might like to make a reservation for that night.

Technically the dress code is the same as in the dining room, but everyone dresses up a bit more, we weren't quite formal, but we were dressed nicer than in the dining room, especially if it were my anniversary, I'd want to look nice. Have fun and happy anniversary!

~Kristie

We are crusing this summer for my daughter's Sweet Sixteen, just she and I. Is the Supper Club appropriate for a special dinner for a 16 yr old?

Thanks

She'll love it. If you let them know, maybe they can do something special. My teenage son went and was shocked at how nice it was, impressed with the service (he's worked in a restaurant) and how great the food was. Don't forget to ask a server to take some picures of both of you enjoying your evening.

Technically the dress code is the same as in the dining room, but everyone dresses up a bit more, we weren't quite formal, but we were dressed nicer than in the dining room, especially if it were my anniversary, I'd want to look nice.

When we made our reservations we were told that we could not wear shorts or beach sandals (I'm assuming flip flops?). DH wore a button down short sleeve shirt with Dockers. There were other guys there with polo shirts on.

If you make reservations online and regardless if you get a confirmation, please confirm once you get onboard. We made reservations online for a recent Freedom cruise and low and behold once we checked onboard they had no record of our reservation.

Luckily it was not a problem since we checked before the ship even left port.

If you do the Supper Club on last night.......suggest your extra tip be given the night before to your regular staff.....that's what we'd do anyway.

Supper Club tip, with the service we get (always more than you expect), we leave at least 20%, feeling they surely earned it.

I thought I had read that the $30 per person was for the server's tips. Now I am reading that you tip on top of that. I am not cheap, just want to make sure. How do I leave the additional tip? If it's 2 people than do you leave $12 (20% of the $60) or more?

Thanks in advance

I thought I had read that the $30 per person was for the server's tips. Now I am reading that you tip on top of that. I am not cheap, just want to make sure. How do I leave the additional tip? If it's 2 people than do you leave $12 (20% of the $60) or more?

Thanks in advance

The tip is included. It is your OPTION if you wish to tip more. There's a place on your bill for "ADDITIONAL GRATUITY".

Think of it that the tip portion is already 15 to 20% of whatever the cost of the meal is, which is NEVER divulged.

You increase it, the percentage goes up. If you're accustommed to tipping 25 to 30% or more, go right ahead.

We are crusing this summer for my daughter's Sweet Sixteen, just she and I. Is the Supper Club appropriate for a special dinner for a 16 yr old?

Thanks

Yes! One of DD's will be turning 19 when we sail and I have a reservation made for her Birthday Dinner.

Archived