Just off the Legend

islahopper

You likely met Amy... she didn't book any excursions, so she was around most of the time and was always introducing us to new people she had met.

Had a fantastic time... can't wait to cruise again.

I think I met one of your group. I can't for the life of me remember her name right now, (I am horible with names) but she had a great smile & was around 6 foot tall & very friendly. I met her through my friend Tammi. I think she had on a black blouse comming back on the tender from Belize. Hope yall had fun. I know I did!!!

How was disembarkation? I have an 11am flight to catch (I know I know, very risky!), and I'm wondering what time they actually let the self-disembark people get off the ship?

I'm Canadian so I think they try to clear non-US Nationals first, at least I hope so.

Non-US will have to meet Immigration very early (6am - 6:30am) in a designated spot that will be shown in your final Capers.

On 1/18, Self Assist started at 8am. They started calling Zones at 8:30. We were in the second group of zones called and were through Customs By 9am.

Hoe this helps.

I have to ask.........what is call in trivia? Sounds like you call in the answers from your room?

Call in trivia is... Call in trivia. It's broadcast on the CC tv channel. I highly recommend it, as it netted my husband and me free champagne, shirts, picture frames, and ships-on-sticks. Seriously, the prizes are pretty good. And they do deliver in person (we cruised at Christmas, right before Shawn Busey retired as CD.)

Pics from our December cruise on the Legend:

First sail day..

072726.jpg

Mini golf. Some times this deck was closed because of high winds...

072728.jpg

My son's favorite waiter...Alberto

072731.jpg

Basketball...they also played dodgeball here...

072735.jpg

Sunset on our last sail day...

072737.jpg

Ah....a beach in December...priceless...

072736.jpg

Call in trivia is... Call in trivia. It's broadcast on the CC tv channel. I highly recommend it, as it netted my husband and me free champagne, shirts, picture frames, and ships-on-sticks. Seriously, the prizes are pretty good. And they do deliver in person (we cruised at Christmas, right before Shawn Busey retired as CD.)

Thanks...........Never heard of it...........but now looking forward to it............

Those are great pictures! thank you for sharing:) Where on 7 mile beach was the photo taken?...looks awesome!

-Steff

Thanks Steff. We went to a place on 7 Mile where most of the taxi's drop you off. I recall going through a restaurant or something like that, but didn't pay attention to the name. Sorry.

We kind of ended up there on a whim...had no plans when we got off the ship. Next time I visit GC, I'll have an excursion planned for sure! Funny how my favorite ports where the ones where we had an excursion. ;)

Thanks Steff. We went to a place on 7 Mile where most of the taxi's drop you off. I recall going through a restaurant or something like that, but didn't pay attention to the name. Sorry.

We kind of ended up there on a whim...had no plans when we got off the ship. Next time I visit GC, I'll have an excursion planned for sure! Funny how my favorite ports where the ones where we had an excursion. ;)

We have done the Stingray/rum point beach excurions last time but this time around would just like a nice place on 7 mile. I just would like to find a spot with bathrooms/restaurnt nearby as I will have my kiddos with me.

Thanks for trying to remember the name:D

-Steph

I am going on the legend in April and I can hardly wait. My husband & I are first time cruisers, married 25 years, newly emptynesters! Any advice for newbies would be appreciated. We are stopping in Roatan, Cozumel, Cayman & Belize. What are the favorite excursions and should we pre book through the cruise lines? Thanks for any help!!!

I am going on the legend in April and I can hardly wait. My husband & I are first time cruisers, married 25 years, newly emptynesters! Any advice for newbies would be appreciated. We are stopping in Roatan, Cozumel, Cayman & Belize. What are the favorite excursions and should we pre book through the cruise lines? Thanks for any help!!!

Welcome! Which week are you cruising? I am on the April 5th sailing. You should join your roll call on these boards to chat with others on your cruise and also read all the port boards for great excursion ideas.

We are doing a snorkle, beach and stingray tour in Grand Cayman with Nativeways which was highly recommended by many other posters. There are many other tour companies also recommended. Belize and Roatan are best seen by booking an excursion as the immediate port areas are not too nice, but the countries have alot of beautiful places to see. For my first cruise I stayed with ship tours, but I didn't know anything about cruisecritic then.

Once you have become familiar with all the great info available here, you may be quite comfortable booking on your own.

Just read about all the excursions offered and think about what you would enjoy doing and then book either through the ship or privately. I think you will hve an amazing time.

Thanks so much. We are on the Legend, April 12 - 19th. & are excited to be going! We are looking into the Stingrays as well, maybe snuba, dolphins and a tour of the ruins. One trip per stop, I think? Well, we will read and then book. This is a great forum! Thanks again!

We were on the Legend in October and ate at the supper club twice. It was fabulous! We didn't go for the first time until the third night of the cruise, and then went back the next night. Next time we'll eat 3-4 times in the supper club. It was that good. The service was spectacular, and every food item yummy. I can't wait to go back. Well worth the $$$$.

Archived