Century vs. Millennium

Ti2m

Hi,

We just booked the Millennium for January'05. We have thoroughly enjoyed our past Century cruises but thought we would try another ship.

Will those of you that sailed both ships tell me some of the differences we can expect?

Thanks,

Timm

Celebrity Century 2/02

Carnival Spirit 1/03

Celebrity Century 11/03

Celebrity Millennium 1/05

Hi Timm!

I've been on both ships. The 2 things that I can tell you is that the Millie is BIG and you'll see the difference in the T-Pool. Of the two pools, the Century is far superior.

We enjoyed both ships very much, but our favorite is still yhe Century!

Anita

And now Infinity 2005!

Millennium 2003

Century 2002

Summit 2001

Century 2000

Zenith 1996

Horizon 1994

Horizon 1993

Sunward 1992

Star Princess 1990

Maxim Gorky 1974 & 1975

The Millie is much bigger, but it has such nice new additions, like the specialty restaurant. I could not begin to decide which I like best. I love the Century, I fell in love with my husband on that ship, Honeymooned and took our son on his first cruise on that ship. The Millie was great though. I don't think you could go wrong either way!

Celebrity Constellation 3/05

Carnival Victory "Cruise to Nowhere" 10/04

Carnival Glory 2/04

Celebrity Millie 4/03

Celebrity Zenith 3/02

Celebrity Century 3/00, 3/01

Celebrity Zenith 6/99

Celebrity Galaxy 3/98

Celebrity Century, 1/97

NCL Dreamward 7/95

Thanks for your posts. I know that the Millie is bigger than the Century but from what I read it only has 200 more guests. I don't think it should be TOO big ala Explorer Of The Seas.

We were on the Carnival Spirit and we did not feel overwhelmed by the size which I think is comparable to the Millie..

As longs and the dinning experience is good and there is a Martini bar we should feel at home. icon_razz.gif

Thanks again ... Timm

Celebrity Century 2/02

Carnival Spirit 1/03

Celebrity Century 11/03

Celebrity Millennium 1/05

We were supposed to be on the millennium 3/28/04, that was cancelled. We were put on the Century which we sailed on before and enjoyed it again very much. I think you will love the Millennium as well. We have been on the Summit and Infinity which are the same as the Millennium, and we loved them just as well as the Century. All are great ships and you will enjoy them all.

To me it depends on what type of cruise you are. I cruise for the environment in lounges, dance floors, romance for couples, deck spaces. For me, the Millennium is an absolutely poor design. Most people don't seem to be bothered as much by aspects of it that I find unacceptable. The Millennium has a good martini bar, it has lots of space. The problem with it is if you want to get away from music from the Rendezvous, it is impossible, it goes right through the overlook in the center of the space it is in. The Century has the same problem as the Martini bar is in the Crystal room. If nothing is going on in those rooms then the area is quiet.

Millennium just has too many underutilized areas, too many wings and H shaped areas, poorly defined sections in lounges, and I sense a feel like a walkthrough ship. Now, this doesn't seem to bother many. It also doesn't have enough of an intimate feel that Century has. It isn't a matter of overall size more than it is the design and flow of the interior spaces. For me, these are two very different ships. I just like the Century class ships and find myself not liking the Millennium ships much. But, not for overall size, but for interior and deck space specifics.

I have sailed on each of the ships several times. I still prefer the Century. I like the smaller ship a bit better. Although, it was a nice change of pace to go back to the Millie though, enjoyed the martini bar while listening to the music. I think you will like the Millie.

Archived