Well, Just back from the Imagination a week ago...

Piggysues Mom

This was our second time on the Imagination, the first time being 5 years ago.

I have to tell you, I was really disappointed.

First, we had an oceanview room on deck 7 E152. The first night, around 11:30 or so when we came back to the room to go to bed, we noticed an awful noise in our cabn, it was if someone was on the outisde banging on the side of the ship..it went on all night long.. I thought it was just a fluck and did not say anything, but the second night, the same thing, by then we were half way thru the 4 day I really didn't want to pack up and move at that point, even if they did have somewhere else to move us,

2nd- the dining room service was really sub par. I remember the time before, as soon as you sat down, the staff asked you what you wanted to drink, and then every night after that they remember what you wanted and had it there in front of you as soon as you sat down. This time, not once were we asked what we wanted to drink, not one time in 4 nights. We sat there and watched the waiter at the next table, he was constantly running back and forth with iced tea, lemonade, ect. We could not even get refills of water without asking!

I am used to our cabin steward coming and introducing himself on the first day.....I could not tell you out stewards name or what he looked like if my life depended on it.......

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Let me see if I've got this....you had an awful banging in your room at night, but didn't asked to be changed and waited until the 4th night on a 4 night cruise to do...what? Your waiter didn't get you drinks and you didn't ask for a new table or complain to him? And, finally, your steward didn't introduce himself. Did he perform all his duties?

No, actually, I've never had these experiances.:rolleyes:

I don;t think you are alone on some things you experienced... similar things happened to me on the Fascination and the Inspiration.....Cabin Steward in my opinion SHOULD introduce him or herself on the embarkation day... if I don't see them again, that really does not bother me. But on both ships, I never got introduced and had to call them for an ash tray and even then, he sent his assistant !

As for the dining... gotta agree with you also that these noticeable cut backs have put more of a work load on the staff having to handle more tables than in the past...and we had a hard time getting our drinks refilled on both sailings as well....

I am sure I will be questioned for validating some of your comments by the cheerleaders on this board, but I have to say that Carnival has let me down on very recent cruises aboard their ships.....so much to the point that I am now leaning back to RCL for my future cruise considerations...

Archived