Other things to do besides Stingray City..

njmomof2

We are planning on cruising in August (either Freedom or Liberty OTS) and we have done the stingray city tour with Nativeway when we cruise on Liberty OTS back in November 07.

This time, my mom might be coming with us and she simply would not get anything out of doing this excursion (on top of the fact that our older son was completely freaked when he realized the stingers were still there).

Anyone have any other options for GC that might be suitable for us and my mom? She has some issues with walking long distances so I'd like to keep that to a minimum. Any decent beaches around that might work?

Thanks for the info.

i just did the cayman highlights last week, which took me to Hell, Tortuga rum cake store/factory, the turtle farm, and was supposed to take us to 7 mile beach, but we docked at a different port, and we wouldn't have time for our sting ray excursion. personally i felt that the price would not be worth it without the sting rays, but the turtle farm was smell, yet interesting. they have the largest turtles i have ever seen, some weighing up to 600 pounds, according to my tour guide, Tony. You even get to pick up a turtle in the water for pictures. Maybe your mom will find more this excursion interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Trolley Roger. It is an open air tram pulled by a jeep that gives you a 1 hour tour of GC - Definitely something for anyone with mobility issues. My understanding is you can only book through the cruise lines, cost was $25.

MicksMom

We did the Trolley Roger. It is an open air tram pulled by a jeep that gives you a 1 hour tour of GC - Definitely something for anyone with mobility issues. My understanding is you can only book through the cruise lines, cost was $25.

MicksMom

What cruise line were you on?

Archived