Electrical Appliance Adaptor - Dawn Princess

barrydoll

Hi there,

Sorry for the "blonde" question - but I am travelling on Dawn Princess in 6 sleeps :-) and I want to take my hair straightener with me. It has a "normal" Australian plug. Does anyone know if I need to take an adaptor/converter too - and if so what kind please?

Thanks,

Cassandra

barrydoll

Hi there,

Sorry for the "blonde" question - but I am travelling on Dawn Princess in 6 sleeps :-) and I want to take my hair straightener with me. It has a "normal" Australian plug. Does anyone know if I need to take an adaptor/converter too - and if so what kind please?

Thanks,

Cassandra

barrydoll

hi barrydoll, it has a normal plug but if you want to charge your mobile or camera at the same time take a double adaptor

rkmw

Hi Cassandra

Used my straightener on the Dawn in November with no problems.

But as RKMW points out, there is only 1 aussie plug, so take the board if you think you will need to use more than one appliance at a time.

Have a great time, it is a lovely ship

yes, definatly take a powerboard with you, there is only one in cabin and that is under the tv in main cabin, so if you have powerboard youcan use your own hairdryer or straightner, charge camera, charge phone(have you switched your phone to roaming yet?that is also a must. Fiona

Hi Cassandra

Used my straightener on the Dawn in November with no problems.

But as RKMW points out, there is only 1 aussie plug, so take the board if you think you will need to use more than one appliance at a time.

Have a great time, it is a lovely ship

Thankyou, but is the outlet 240v. My chargers etc, are only 240v not 110/240v. Kind Regards. Larry

Thankyou, but is the outlet 240v. My chargers etc, are only 240v not 110/240v. Kind Regards. Larry

Hi Larry,

The power supply is 240 volts. I have been told it is 60Hz (cycles per second) whereas our domestic power supply is 240 volts and 50Hz. This makes no difference to most electrical appliances, but if you plug in an electric clock, it will run a bit fast. I have heard of people dragging themselves out of bed when the clock shows 8am, and when they go to breakfast they find it is only 6am. :( We have a clock that is powered by battery, but uses 240volt power to light up the digital display. It runs perfectly. :)

Evon.

Archived