Hotels in OLD San Juan?

linkinsama

It looks like the majority of the hotels are no closer than the Condado area. I know you can book the Sheraton for a couple hundred a night but I don't need anything that much. I'm fine with booking something in Condado and cabbing it to OSJ but was just wondering if there's anything else within walking distance. (not walking with luggage to the dock, just walking around the day before)

I'm in the same process as you, trying to find a hotel in Old San Juan. If you go to tripadvisor.com and hit a search for Old San Juan, it will take you to a page with a map you can click on. There will be thumbtacks on the map listing hotels, restaurants, etc. Just click out all else except hotels, and they have a list of a few including a couple of B&B's. You can read the reviews there and ask people here about the names you find. I'm still looking too so I can't recommend yet, but I'll be watching this thread along with you. Good luck to us both! :)

cool, thanks smilee!!! I pretty much default to tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews, never thought to use it for searching! I like hotwire.com and kayak.com for finding best prices and expedia for research- will have to add tripadvisor to my research list!

oh yeah- does anyone know if the near side of Coronado is close enough to walk to OSJ? We're early thirties and good shape.

It is "possible" but not really. It is a number of miles (about 5 miles), sometimes not the greatest areas or most walkable.

You could just catch the public bus though....B21 bus should do it. (only $0.75 pp each - bring change).

It is "possible" but not really. It is a number of miles (about 5 miles), sometimes not the greatest areas or most walkable.

You could just catch the public bus though....B21 bus should do it. (only $0.75 pp each - bring change).

always full of good info! Thanks so much, Coqui.

Archived