What Do I Need To Pay For

chirpy007

Hi Chirpy

I don't think anything in the Club costs at all. Of course you would have to pay for drinks etc outside of the free water, juice, tea and coffee that is available in the buffet.

Not having any experience of this I may be wrong but I did want you to have an answer. On this page http://www.pocruises.com/Help.axd, it gives details of what is included and is not included.

I do hope that helps.

Eddie

what you could also do to keep a tab on how much your son is costing you is get him a soda card...

i'm not certain that even a 14yr old would have his own ship card (the name of them passes me!!) but they certainly can have a soda card

cost £20 ... and for that he gets 20 soda's / ice creams ... IIRC a large coke was about £1.30 or so.. not a huge saving, but he won't be spoiling your peace every 5 mins for another drink etc...

oh and if he gets hungry... steer him towards the pizza place at the main pool area... great pizza's made to order...and free!!! burgers and fries on the opposite side!

He is on Ventura, do Ventura do 'soda' cards?

Hi Sue

Yes they do the soda cards on Ventura. I saw several people with them but didn't use them myself.

And everyone gets a cruise card, including children. I know this because I saw a few kids use them to buy ice cream, but I'd assume there is some sort of lower age limit.

Eddie

Thanks everyone, i was trying to work out a budget for him. With a card to run riot with he needs a maximum daily spend :)

when i wrote it i kinda thought that he would get his own, but i'm sure that even with the obvious no-alcohol aspect, you might be able to put a daily limit on it... but if you pay for his soda cards and he gets his burgers/pizza snacks for free in between meal times...then his card simply would become a 'security pass' like someone pointed out...

when i wrote it i kinda thought that he would get his own, but i'm sure that even with the obvious no-alcohol aspect, you might be able to put a daily limit on it... but if you pay for his soda cards and he gets his burgers/pizza snacks for free in between meal times...then his card simply would become a 'security pass' like someone pointed out...

I don't think think you or to be encourageing a teenager or in fact anybody to eat burgers or pizzas in between meals.

I don't think think you or to be encourageing a teenager or in fact anybody to eat burgers or pizzas in between meals.

wow.... step off the soap box!! ha ha ha

just trying to give the idea that once little johnny has his soda card, he still won't be bothering ma 'n' pa because he's hungry too, and costing them more money!!!

besides which... I'm sure that most parents would admit that 'ACTIVE' teenagers will still develop appetites outside of the set meal times on a cruise ship... hence these can be settled with the 'odd' burger or pizza (which i may add looked a lot better, and a great deal smaller than high street fast food ones!!

i think the original poster is looking for, not only to keep him running up their on-board account, but i would think an amount of 'quality' time for both parties..

Excellent and dont worry he doesnt need encouraging to snack between meals :D:D he is 5ft 8 and like a bag of bones and eats like a horse...oh too be young again ;);)

Excellent and dont worry he doesnt need encouraging to snack between meals :D:D he is 5ft 8 and like a bag of bones and eats like a horse...oh too be young again ;);)

i'm glad YOU seem to understand where i was coming from..... lol

ps...would love to hear about your 'FOS' cruise! we're on the 'Indy' in November.... in the Ben & Jerry's suite ... free ice cream, then round the jogging track twice!! :D

i'm glad YOU seem to understand where i was coming from..... lol

ps...would love to hear about your 'FOS' cruise! we're on the 'Indy' in November.... in the Ben & Jerry's suite ... free ice cream, then round the jogging track twice!! :D

Ben & Jerrys...too die for :D

We thought FOS was fantastic, (we had nothing to compare it too but im sure it still would be amazing).

Where do l start....

bit of a long queue at check, Virgin had messed our booking up slightly so we werent on any list so joined the shortest queue :D:D on in no time. The ship was gorgeous and huge, we had an OV with a large window. Dining room food was fine as was the buffet but we ate in Chopps twice OMG !!!!!suberb.l dont think l have ever had food like it and the service was amazing. I think all staff were excellent.

Ice show was brilliant, rock climbing enjoyed by husband. All shows bar one were excellent and Richard Spacey (CD) was fantastic.

We did the Western Caribbean and Labadee was my favourite port. All tenders handled pretty well.

Getting of was a bit of a nightmare with long snaking lines going no-where for what seemed an age.

I wouldn't hesitate in using RC again ..my best hoilday to date. I hope P&O can match it ;)

Absolutely!!!

He needs to move on to the free cakes and ice creams :D;)

Indeed, what were we thinking :D

Don't forget said teenager is going to be doing Circus training, I wouldn't advise doing that or any other form of excise on a belly full of burger and fizzy pop.

I think that has a certain attraction !!!!!!!!

Archived