In the spa and gym on Zaandam...

JudeeJim

On our cruise in March on the Zaandam we would like to know if the gym uses personal trainers or are there some physical therapist also. My husband will be recouping from shoulder surgery and we hope someone can help him with his exercises. I don't mean full attention to him but perhaps someone can tell him which machines he can use safely.

Judee

I've had shoulder surgery on both shoulders in the past five years. I would ask my doc and PT before I left on a cruise exactly what I could do and could not do in regards to exercise/machines.

The people at the gym are not going to know what type of surgery you had, at what stage you're at in your PT, safer to just ask your own folks before you go:) Then you'll know yourself what you can and cannot do.

I've had shoulder surgery on both shoulders in the past five years. I would ask my doc and PT before I left on a cruise exactly what I could do and could not do in regards to exercise/machines.

The people at the gym are not going to know what type of surgery you had, at what stage you're at in your PT, safer to just ask your own folks before you go:) Then you'll know yourself what you can and cannot do.

Thank you for you response and good information. I am sure his doctor will give him all the information he will need.

Judee

It is possible that by then your husband will be on a PT schedule. What you could do, and I have done in the past, is to get them to write down a schedule of exercises for him, and at what weight etc, then get the people in the gym to help guide him through the machines. If he shows them the program, they will have some good information to work from and can probably help.

It is possible that by then your husband will be on a PT schedule. What you could do, and I have done in the past, is to get them to write down a schedule of exercises for him, and at what weight etc, then get the people in the gym to help guide him through the machines. If he shows them the program, they will have some good information to work from and can probably help.

Thank you this is the information I was looking for.

Judee

Archived