What kind of room???

mcnabb3801

We are planning our next cruise....Yahhooo! We will be taking our 2 children next year...they will be 9 (son) and 2 (daughter)..what type of room should we get?? Do they have a room with 1 double bed (for my husband and I ) and 2 beds..bunks..etc for our kids??

Stacey

We are planning our next cruise....Yahhooo! We will be taking our 2 children next year...they will be 9 (son) and 2 (daughter)..what type of room should we get?? Do they have a room with 1 double bed (for my husband and I ) and 2 beds..bunks..etc for our kids??

Stacey

I like a balcony. It is safe for the kids b/c the lock to the door is about 5' off the floor and they are very heavy to open. The on the balcony, it is solid, study plexiglass about 4' high.

What ship and room your chose will determine the configuration of the room/beds. If you are on a larger ship like the Conquest or Spirit class, I believe there is a sofa that will pull out into a bed, and the twins will be pushed together for a VERY COMFY KING for mom and dad.

We are on a smaller, Fantasy class ship, in March. That is an OV (the only balcony rooms are suites :eek:) and it has the "king" with 2 pull down bunks (they come out of walls or ceilings). I have a 4 year old boy - and I think I am going to have him sleep on the floor; though the bunks have nice railings, he can be a bit of a wild sleeper and I don't want him falling on my head! I also think I would not like having a bunk pulled down over my comfy king. So, I will have them bring an extra comforter and I will make him a little nest on the floor; I think you get get them to roll in some kind of small bed, but those rooms are small enough to begin with... He'll be happy as a clam. My 10 year old on the other hand sleeps in a bunk bed at home and has done so since he was about 5, so he has no issue there.

You can look on line for sample rooms and then if you are booking w/ CCL, the PVP can give you the specifics on the room you are considering.

They will make the beds into a queen, then convert the couch to a bed for one of the kids & have one on a bunk.... or in some cabins, two bunks. Deciding what is best for your family is really a personal choice. The link posted by TheVegasMan will show you which configurations are available.

Archived