Lemonade/Fruit Punch no longer?

snomada

Hi there! I just read a review on the Star that there are no other liguids available but coffee, tea, and water? Seems there was always lemonade, fruit punch, orange juice, etc offered. at least in the buffet areas.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

There are juices available in the morning at the buffet. Fill your container and take it back to your room and stick it in the frig. There never has been lemonaid since I have been sailing NCL in 2006.

Iced tea, hot tea and coffee available in the buffet all day long.

I take a six pack of water along and some packets of crystal lite as I am diabetic. You always can get ice.

The lack of lemonade and fruit punch is to my mind unfortunate and reminds me of my disappointment that they were not available on Princess cruises either. It isn't a deal breaker but it is nice to have an alternative to ice tea which I don't drink or water, especially at lunch. I suspect that I too will be packing some Crystal Light with me.:)

Does that same rule apply for the Pearl also? No lemonade or fruit punch also. I sure hope they still have it available. I like the variety of juices to choose from.

When we were on the Pearl in October they didn't have fruit punch or lemonade. My husband had a soda card and my daughter and I drank either the ice tea or water.

For breakfast they had orange juice and apple juice in the buffet.

We also would take a bunch of the cut up lemons from the tea area and put them in a water bottle add some ice and some water and some sugar and shake. We made our own lemonade. :D

I still scratch my head that cruise lines offer all you can eat food...marked as gourmet..., including steak, lobster, fish, etc, which I assume is a big expense, but do not include sodas. Soda, especially from a fountain is very inexpensive.

I don't drink it anyway, but I would love for them to offer lemonade, punch, etc. The cost would seem very minimal to me compared to the food. But I guess they would then lose all of the revenue generated from soda sales?.

But I guess they would then lose all of the revenue generated from soda sales?.

Bingo. If they can charge, they will.

(and if that keeps the base fare down, not such a bad thing)

On the flip side, if one mainstream cruise line offered a wider variety of beverages, or an unlimited package that included alcohol (more like an all-inclusive resort) I wonder if others would follow. Would they get more business? They would get mine.

Yes there is always fresh fruit available in the buffet.

No lemonade or fruit punch on the Pearl. Just fresh juices in the morning. I also do not drink soda or caffinated tea but it is so easy to enjoy something else. Lemonade can be made with instant packets available at the grocery stores. Just pour into your water bottle.

I still scratch my head that cruise lines offer all you can eat food...marked as gourmet..., including steak, lobster, fish, etc, which I assume is a big expense, but do not include sodas. Soda, especially from a fountain is very inexpensive.

I don't drink it anyway, but I would love for them to offer lemonade, punch, etc. The cost would seem very minimal to me compared to the food. But I guess they would then lose all of the revenue generated from soda sales?.

Royal Caribbean and, I think, Celebrity still offer free lemonade and/or fruit punch. Not sure about Carnival. None of them seem to be suffering from a lack of revenue from soda sales.:rolleyes: I can understand why there is a charge for soda, because it isn't a matter of cost as much as it is the fact that it is a big revenue producer, but fruit punch and lemonade are probably even less expensive to produce and less likely to produce as much revenue if there were a charge.

Is the "iced tea" cold, brewed-on-the-spot, unsweetened tea or is it more like Canadian iced tea which is a sweetened, drink (probably made with powder or syrup)? Does it come out of one of those brewing machines, or a fountain like soda?

(I'm hoping it's the former!) Thanks!

Is the "iced tea" cold, brewed-on-the-spot, unsweetened tea or is it more like Canadian iced tea which is a sweetened, drink (probably made with powder or syrup)? Does it come out of one of those brewing machines, or a fountain like soda?

It's unsweetened iced tea.

I just bought two boxes of Kool Aid Singles, 2 for $5, at Wal Mart. I set sail Sunday. :)

I can drink water the whole time, but hubby might get tired of it. My brother is also going to find something he likes, and pack it.

is it more like Canadian iced tea which is a sweetened, drink (probably made with powder or syrup)?

LOL... reminds me of my brother-in-law coming to visit when we lived in California, ordering an iced tea in a restaurant, then nearly spitting the fresh-brewed passion fruit blend across the table, saying "this is the worst iced tea I've ever had!" He was expecting the pre-sweetened Nestea stuff you get here, of course. ;)

On the flip side, if one mainstream cruise line offered a wider variety of beverages, or an unlimited package that included alcohol (more like an all-inclusive resort) I wonder if others would follow. Would they get more business? They would get mine.

Disney offers free soda, as long as you self-serve at the soda fountains near the pool. If you ask a waiter to get it for you from the bar, there is a charge. They've had this policy in place for a few years now. So far, I don't think any other lines have followed suit.

The iced tea is cold and unsweetened. Sugar or subsitute is right there by the dispensers. Iced Tea on the Pearl came out of a dispenser as did the orange juice and sometimes-avaiable apple or pineapple juice. It appears to me that the dispenser works from a concentrate that is then mixed with water as it is dispensed, much like a soda dispenser without the carbonation.

Archived