Coconuts

fisherman4life

Coconuts is the highest point on the island. They have are a bar and grill that serves pretty good food, especially seafood. There are sand beaches on both sides of the place you can easily walk to, but they are not safe for swimming.

coconuts2.jpg

coconuts4.jpg

coconuts8.jpg

I'm sure the vegetation has grown back since this photo was taken, right after hurrican wilma.

eastside5.jpg

To get there you will need to either rent a car, hire a taxi by the hour, or arrange for the taxi driver to come back and get you at a predetermined time as there will not be taxis waiting there to take you back to the ship like there will be at the West side beach clubs. Coconuts doesn't open early. I think they don't open until around 11:00 and they don't usually stay open late as there isn't any electric utilities on the East side.

Can you take kids?

Coconunts does not open until around 11AM. When we were there earlier this month....we went before they opened .... around 9AM ...just to look around...take some pictures...etc. That is the neat thing about the East side...is that even when it is closed...it is open. LOL Nothing locked up...

Since I have never been there when it was "cranked" up...I don't know how "cranked" they get. But from some of the pictures I saw there....it looks like it could get interesting....

Pretty place but I still prefer Paradise Beach for a fun beach day.

I finally got to visit Coconuts when I did the new Bar Hop Bus Tour last week. That side of the island is nice. Beautiful scenery & water, rustic bars but no swimming.

Can you take kids?
Yes, you may, be warned, occassionally through some magical method womens bras end up on the ceiling. These same women will occassionally catch some rays without their tops on the beach. There are also hundreds of t-shirts on the ceiling as well.

Fisherman, the great thing now is that all the fares are posted. No worries about choosing one driver over another and wonder, did I get a good deal? I think someone posted a photo of the fare board a few weeks ago. Have a great time!!

any suggestions on a taxi service to use

And there is only ONE taxi service in Cozumel. You'll have to either hire the driver by the hour and have him wait for you while you are at any East side beach club, or arrange for him to come back at a predetermined time to get you. Unlike at the West side beach clubs, taxis don't hang out at any of the East side clubs waiting for customers. Also, they don't typically cruise the East side looking for fares either.

We were there last January. We hired a Taxi for 3 hours or so. It was about $80 for 3 of us. He dropped us off at Coconuts. He waited til we were ready to go....Coconuts is an awesome place. I loved it. They also have License plates all over the place. There are chickens and other animals running round. The waiter we had was pretty funny. Had a beautiful view. I highly recommend going there. I will be going back in June with my Husband...and can't wait.

Archived