New Sensation Balcony rooms?

beach410

I just upgraded from and 6a to a Balcony on Main for only $158 and curious if anyone had any info regarding the size the balcony will be in these new rooms. Can we compare it to any current balcony rooms? Just trying to get an idea.

I probably wont use it much, but thought the price was right, only 10 pp a day. I like the look of the rooms too, it will be nice to have a couch.

On a seperate note, how do these rooms sleep 4? I noticed a couch, that turns into a bed, but is the upper bunk still there?

All I can find is this:

"Ocean view staterooms will be retrofitted with new balconies that will extend from the ship and measure approximately 230 square feet."

Not sure if the room size is the same, 185sf, or if they enlarged that as well.

Dont know, do you have your room #? They have the rooms on line now.

But now I am worried, It doesnt have any astorik indicating the couch can turn into a bed and only has one dot, meaning one upper, but I see that they have balcony rooms with two uppers.

I don't have the room #.....I was asking for my daughter. She just booked her very first cruise today and she is very excited.

I guess I was hoping they would get upgraded since it will be their 10th anniversary cruise....... :D

I knew it was too good to be true. I just got off the phone with Carnival, it took them 20 minutes to investigate. Their website shows a dummy room, not at all what it will look like and also the deck plans show innacurately too, even the new version, it shows it has one upper. She said her notes say that the room we booked has two uppers, then I was told no, it only has one upper and no couch. Very misleading, they shouldnt post a picture if they dont have a true depiction of it.

SO long and short of it, beware, if the room has two uppers you can not combine the twins to make a king, and if it only has one upper, they roll in a cot, which I cant stand, takes up way too much floor space. I should have stuck with my Inside room with the two uppers. Live and learn!

DH sent me great website on Carnival Ships Yes shows photos of the bfore sensations but you can read about the changes here also has Dec 08 Capers and menues...beyondships.com then chose Carnival I,m booked w/DH alone (no teens or extended family)oceanview 3/26/09 2 day yes short but I,ll get my cruise fix in..and I haven,t been to Nassua:)

I just upgraded from and 6a to a Balcony on Main for only $158 and curious if anyone had any info regarding the size the balcony will be in these new rooms. Can we compare it to any current balcony rooms? Just trying to get an idea.

I probably wont use it much, but thought the price was right, only 10 pp a day. I like the look of the rooms too, it will be nice to have a couch.

On a seperate note, how do these rooms sleep 4? I noticed a couch, that turns into a bed, but is the upper bunk still there?

There's another thread going on about this same thing. Apparently, there are 2 lowers, that don't connect and 2 uppers. No sofa. You might want to check further, just in case you want to switch your room back.

There's another thread going on about this same thing. Apparently, there are 2 lowers, that don't connect and 2 uppers. No sofa. You might want to check further, just in case you want to switch your room back.

The other thread is the same op as this thread:D

Although technically, when the two uppers are down, they shouldn't put the beds together to form a king, I think that it is still possilbe. One person will be stuck in their bunk though unless they jump down onto the bed.

I am currently booked in E87 and will call my travel agent at Carnival to get the scoop; when I look at the floor plan it only shows one dot, but she told me that it had two uppers.

• 3 weeks later...
This may be a dumb question, but if someone is booked now in an oceanview room 6-C on the Sensation, but they are not sailing until October.....could their room possibly become a balcony after the refurb?

We had the same question, we sail in June and booked early last year. We were told we pay the increased price or we move rooms. The balconies actually started in the cabin next door to the room we booked so no rate increase. Unfortunately we now have an obstructed view due to over hang constuctrion of new balconies. Check room number and check website it shows the new layout.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got of the sensation today. m106 balcony. The pictures posted by carrnival show balcony rooms of the bigger ships, The balcony room on the sensation is the same as the ocean view only to make room to get to the balcony, the bed is moved closer to the bathroom. The only place to sit is a straight backed chair in the corner next to the bathroom wall, I was disappointed with the room but the balcony was big and made the trip a nice one. The shows on the Sensation were the best I have seen on the 8 cruises I have taken.

Just got of the sensation today. m106 balcony. The pictures posted by carrnival show balcony rooms of the bigger ships, The balcony room on the sensation is the same as the ocean view only to make room to get to the balcony, the bed is moved closer to the bathroom. The only place to sit is a straight backed chair in the corner next to the bathroom wall, I was disappointed with the room but the balcony was big and made the trip a nice one. The shows on the Sensation were the best I have seen on the 8 cruises I have taken. Wont be home for a couple weeks so I can't post a picture.

was that 158 total or pp? I'm booked on the Sensation in August and have an inside room on the upper deck - would LOVE to get a balcony room if it were only 150 total to upgrade! I've already gotten a room assignment and the cruise is paid in full - can I still ask for an upgrade? It is just two of us, so I'm not concerned about enough room as long as we can share a bed

Archived